Apartment List has released results for Las Vegas from the second annual Apartment List Renter Satisfaction Survey. The survey, which drew on responses from over 30,000 renters, provides insight into what states and cities must do to meet the needs of the 105 million American renters nationwide.
“Las Vegas renters expressed general satisfaction with the city overall,” says Andrew Woo, Director of Data Science at Apartment List. “Most categories received average or near-average scores.”
Key findings in Las Vegas include the following:
- Las Vegas renters give their city a B- overall for satisfaction.
- The highest-rated categories for Las Vegas included affordability/cost of living (A) and pet friendliness (A-).
- Renters here are also somewhat satisfied with their commute times (C), local jobs and career opportunities (C), and safety (C-).
- The biggest source for dissatisfaction in Las Vegas renters is the quality of local schools (D).
- Millennial renters are especially satisfied with Las Vegas, giving it an overall A rating.
- Las Vegas renter satisfaction compares relatively well with other similarly sized cities like Portland, OR (B) and favorably against others like Milwaukee, WI (C+).
- The top rated cities nationwide for renter satisfaction included Arlington, VA; Lincoln, NE; Pasadena, CA; Boston, MA; and Madison, WI. The lowest rated cities included Newark, NJ; Bronx, NY; Bridgeport, CT; Baltimore, MD; and Salinas, CA.
- “People think…Las Vegas [is] just the gambling place. This is far from the truth. It's great; people are wonderful [and] friendly…It's an exciting place.” —Jose
- “I love that Las Vegas is a 24-hour town and like that the cost of living is affordable.” —Scottiana M.
- “I love affordable renting prices. I hate our poor school system.” —Monica C.
- “Love the mountains surrounding me and the cost of living is really good; but the police here suck and crime is high.” —Anon.