1,004 Apartments for rent near Northridge, Los Angeles, CA
- Los Angeles Accessible Apartments (197)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Balconies (1233)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Garages (987)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Gyms (517)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Hardwood Floors (919)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Parking (1690)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Pools (770)
- Los Angeles Apartments with Washer-Dryers (819)
- Los Angeles Dog Friendly Apartments (845)
- Los Angeles Furnished Apartments (337)
- Los Angeles Luxury Apartments (1678)
- Los Angeles Pet Friendly Apartments (876)
- San Fernando, CA Apartments (3)
- Hidden Hills, CA Apartments (4)
- Stevenson Ranch, CA Apartments (13)
- Topanga, CA Apartments (9)
- Santa Clarita, CA Apartments (61)
- Calabasas, CA Apartments (25)
- Beverly Hills, CA Apartments (88)
- Burbank, CA Apartments (56)
- Simi Valley, CA Apartments (44)
- West Hollywood, CA Apartments (75)
- Santa Monica, CA Apartments (118)
- Oak Park, CA Apartments (11)
- Agoura Hills, CA Apartments (16)
- Castaic, CA Apartments (5)
- Culver City, CA Apartments (30)
- Marina del Rey, CA Apartments (15)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the current price range for one-bedroom apartments in Northridge?
What is the current price range for two-bedroom apartments in Northridge?
How many apartments are currently available for rent in Northridge?
Best known as the home of CSUN, Northridge is anything but a crazy college town. This safe, suburban community is a great place to rent for students, families, or anyone wanting to enjoy the area’s many shops, restaurants, and events. There’s good access to several major freeways, but you just might find everything you need in Northridge!
- Ronald Reagan Freeway (SR-118)
- College students
- Young families
- Cal State University, Northridge (CSUN)
- Valley Performing Arts Center
- Northridge Fashion Center
- Northridge Hospital Med Center
- Pierce College
- Warner Center
- Lake Balboa
- Sherman Oaks
Northridge in three words: suburban, retail, variety
Covering a large portion of the northwestern San Fernando Valley, sprawling Northridge is a popular, safe suburb. With easy access to the 405 and the Ronald Reagan Freeway, Northridge is an ideal location for those who need access to the rest of the valley. CSUN is located at the center of Northridge, but the neighborhood doesn’t have a college town vibe. You’ll find a mix of commuter college students, industrial and retail workers, and young families renting comfortable Northridge apartments.
CSUN is the heart of Northridge and the majority of apartments are located near campus. You’ll find two large clusters of apartments on either side of campus: on Zelzah Ave to the east and Reseda Blvd to the west. Northridge is a car-dependent neighborhood, so if you don’t have a car, you’ll want to limit your search to the apartments around the intersection of Reseda and Nordhoff. If you do have a car, you’ll have lots of apartments to choose from that suit a variety of lifestyles and budgets. Most of the apartment complexes near CSUN are older units with reasonable rents, and many have been renovated in recent years.
A little farther from campus, you’ll find newer luxury apartments, some of which are located right next to the Northridge Fashion Center mall. Like many college towns, expect a rush on apartments in August and September. Families can avoid campus entirely and rent one of the neighborhood’s many 3- and 4-bedroom homes. Prices on houses tend to increase as you head north, but this part of Northridge allows for more privacy and great access to the Ronald Reagan Freeway.
Northridge has plenty of convenient shopping options. You won’t need to get on the highway to hit major retailers like Costco, Home Depot, REI, and Target. Northridge Fashion Center is a centrally located shopping mall with over 170 shops and restaurants, but you can always head to nearby Westfield Topanga for more boutique and luxury options. There are popular family-friendly chain restaurants throughout Northridge, but if you’re wanting some local flavor, stick to the dining options along Reseda Blvd. City leaders have plans for this street to become a destination where people shop and dine even when classes aren’t in session. Popular local restaurants like Bun Me!, Lala’s Kitchen, and Sun Sushi Bar are already helping turn Northridge into a dining destination. If you’d rather do your own cooking at night, you can enjoy shopping at Sprouts, Whole Foods, Ralphs, and Vons in addition to smaller specialty markets.
For a special night out, catch a show at the Valley Performing Arts Center on the CSUN campus. The beautiful performance hall has a diverse offering of shows such as musicals, dance troupes, and special performers like David Sedaris and Sarah McLachlan. Memorial Day Weekend is a really unique time in Northridge as people from all over the valley and LA come to celebrate at the Valley Greek Festival. Local Northridge renters enjoy being able to catch all of the music, vendors, and, of course, delicious food at the annual event.
Northridge is a fun and convenient neighborhood to rent an apartment with other students and young professionals. For families, there are plenty of larger rentals away from campus, and you’ll enjoy raising children in a safe community with good schools and convenient shops and restaurants. This lively mix of residents loves soaking up all that this great valley neighborhood has to offer.