1,881 Apartments for Rent in Chicago, IL with Hardwood Floors
- Chicago Accessible Apartments (156)
- Chicago Apartments with Balconies (1310)
- Chicago Apartments with Garages (769)
- Chicago Apartments with Gyms (751)
- Chicago Apartments with Parking (1502)
- Chicago Apartments with Pools (464)
- Chicago Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1360)
- Chicago Co-Living Apartments (5)
- Chicago Dog Friendly Apartments (1550)
- Chicago Furnished Apartments (117)
- Chicago Luxury Apartments (1721)
- Chicago Pet Friendly Apartments (1657)
- Cicero Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Berwyn Apartments with Hardwood Floors (8)
- Oak Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (27)
- Burbank Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Forest Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Oak Lawn Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Elmwood Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Brookfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Chicago Ridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Maywood Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Chicago?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Chicago?
"Maybe we can show government how to operate better as a result of better architecture. Eventually, I think Chicago will be the most beautiful great city left in the world." (Frank Lloyd Wright)
Ah, Chicago, metropolis of the Midwest! Being the third largest city in the United States, Chicago is a major nerve center for business, culture, and entertainment. Though it’s no longer just a rest stop between the east and west coasts, the Big Onion still has a whole world to offer. From urban skyscrapers and honking taxis along Lakeshore Drive, to tree-lined streets and grassy parks, there is a niche for every taste. With almost 4 million people calling the windy city their home, though, finding your own place in the chaos can seem like a daunting task.
Having trouble with Craigslist Chicago? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Chicago renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.