62 Apartments for rent in Washington, DC under $1,200
- Washington Accessible Apartments (178)
- Washington Apartments with Balconies (531)
- Washington Apartments with Garages (305)
- Washington Apartments with Gyms (333)
- Washington Apartments with Hardwood Floors (574)
- Washington Apartments with Parking (595)
- Washington Apartments with Pools (190)
- Washington Apartments with Washer-Dryers (566)
- Washington Dog Friendly Apartments (437)
- Washington Furnished Apartments (142)
- Washington Luxury Apartments (521)
- Washington Pet Friendly Apartments (457)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How expensive is it to rent a studio apartment in Washington?
How much is rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Washington?
What is the typical rent for a two-bedroom apartments in Washington?
"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm." (-John F. Kennedy).
Having trouble with Craigslist DC? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Apartment Guide? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding a deal on affordable apartments under $1,200 in Washington is worth the extra effort. Come ready to pounce on the best deals. Call the property management in advance to ask what paperwork they need and come prepared. Bank statements, pay stubs, identification, and letters of recommendation from an employer or landlord are usually standard. It’s better to come to an apartment tour over-prepared and ready to sign.
You probably won’t find affordable apartments under $1,200 in Washington in the heart of the action, but you can still land in a neighborhood you love. Look for locations on the outskirts of your dream location or reconsider how much space you really need. A studio apartment may offer plenty of space in your ideal neighborhood at a cheaper price point.
Some property managers will also know about apartments under $1,200 in other buildings they manage, or through word-of-mouth from industry contacts. Ask about any leads if you can’t find the space you need. Touring the first floor for affordable apartments that need some updating can also yield a great deal.