2,078 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco Accessible Apartments (55)
- San Francisco Apartments with Balconies (241)
- San Francisco Apartments with Garages (245)
- San Francisco Apartments with Gyms (113)
- San Francisco Apartments with Hardwood Floors (487)
- San Francisco Apartments with Parking (381)
- San Francisco Apartments with Pools (35)
- San Francisco Apartments with Washer-Dryers (432)
- San Francisco Furnished Apartments (46)
- San Francisco Luxury Apartments (337)
- San Francisco Pet Friendly Apartments (447)
- Belvedere Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Daly City Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Colma Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Sausalito Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Tiburon Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Emeryville Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Alameda Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- Berkeley Dog Friendly Apartments (27)
- South San Francisco Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Strawberry Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
"It is a good thing the early settlers landed on the East Coast; if they’d landed in San Francisco first, the rest of the country would still be uninhabited." (Herbert Mye)
Truly one of the greatest cities in the world, San Francisco is overflowing with world-class culture, cuisine, and charm. It also has the house from Full House and, as you might imagine, any city that hosts the fictional antics of John Stamos is naturally going to be popular, San Francisco being no exception.
More than 800,000 people are condensed into the city’s 47 square miles. The climate is cool and often foggy but rarely bone-chillingly cold, and it’s remarkably consistent (July’s average high: 68 degrees, January’s: 58). With thriving financial, technology, and artistic sectors, there’s a high demand for living space. With breathtaking views, historic neighborhoods, and the thrill of living in a cutting edge city, your dreams are about to come true. Now, let’s find you an apartment!
Having trouble with Craigslist San Francisco? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding an apartment in San Francisco that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.