190 Apartments for rent in San Francisco, CA under $1,800
- San Francisco Accessible Apartments (46)
- San Francisco Apartments with Balconies (281)
- San Francisco Apartments with Garages (265)
- San Francisco Apartments with Gyms (121)
- San Francisco Apartments with Hardwood Floors (556)
- San Francisco Apartments with Parking (418)
- San Francisco Apartments with Pools (33)
- San Francisco Apartments with Washer-Dryers (478)
- San Francisco Dog Friendly Apartments (492)
- San Francisco Furnished Apartments (68)
- San Francisco Luxury Apartments (402)
- San Francisco Pet Friendly Apartments (506)
- Emeryville Apartments under 1800 (1)
- Berkeley Apartments under 1800 (2)
- Richmond Apartments under 1800 (4)
- Burlingame Apartments under 1800 (1)
- Hayward Apartments under 1800 (6)
- Martinez Apartments under 1800 (1)
- Pleasant Hill Apartments under 1800 (2)
- Walnut Creek Apartments under 1800 (2)
- Concord Apartments under 1800 (11)
- San Ramon Apartments under 1800 (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How expensive is it to rent a studio apartment in San Francisco?
How much is rent for a one-bedroom apartment in San Francisco?
What is the typical rent for a two-bedroom apartments in San Francisco?
"It is a good thing the early settlers landed on the East Coast; if they’d landed in San Francisco first, the rest of the country would still be uninhabited." (Herbert Mye)
Truly one of the greatest cities in the world, San Francisco is overflowing with world-class culture, cuisine, and charm. It also has the house from Full House and, as you might imagine, any city that hosts the fictional antics of John Stamos is naturally going to be popular, San Francisco being no exception.
More than 800,000 people are condensed into the city’s 47 square miles. The climate is cool and often foggy but rarely bone-chillingly cold, and it’s remarkably consistent (July’s average high: 68 degrees, January’s: 58). With thriving financial, technology, and artistic sectors, there’s a high demand for living space. With breathtaking views, historic neighborhoods, and the thrill of living in a cutting edge city, your dreams are about to come true. Now, let’s find you an apartment!
Having trouble with Craigslist San Francisco? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding a deal on affordable apartments under $1,800 in San Francisco is worth the extra effort. Come ready to pounce on the best deals. Call the property management in advance to ask what paperwork they need and come prepared. Bank statements, pay stubs, identification, and letters of recommendation from an employer or landlord are usually standard. It’s better to come to an apartment tour over-prepared and ready to sign.
You probably won’t find affordable apartments under $1,800 in San Francisco in the heart of the action, but you can still land in a neighborhood you love. Look for locations on the outskirts of your dream location or reconsider how much space you really need. A studio apartment may offer plenty of space in your ideal neighborhood at a cheaper price point.
Some property managers will also know about apartments under $1,800 in other buildings they manage, or through word-of-mouth from industry contacts. Ask about any leads if you can’t find the space you need. Touring the first floor for affordable apartments that need some updating can also yield a great deal.