513 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Carlsbad, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Carlsbad Accessible Apartments (6)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Balconies (54)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Garages (48)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Gyms (17)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Hardwood Floors (20)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Parking (58)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Pools (40)
- Carlsbad Apartments with Washer-Dryers (45)
- Carlsbad Furnished Apartments (14)
- Carlsbad Luxury Apartments (62)
- Carlsbad Pet Friendly Apartments (44)
- Lake San Marcos Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Encinitas Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Vista Dog Friendly Apartments (30)
- Oceanside Dog Friendly Apartments (63)
- San Marcos Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- Rancho Santa Fe Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Solana Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Del Mar Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Escondido Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
- Fallbrook Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
Home to just over 100,000,Carlsbad preserves its parks and coastline through careful planning and leaves space among its many apartment buildings for wildlife, surf, and sand. Residents enjoy the city's parks and beaches throughout the year, with annual temperatures ranging from 60-70 degrees and very light rainfall. The city offers an extensive hiking and bicycling trail system, golf courses, and athletic fields. See more
Finding an apartment in Carlsbad that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.