103 Accessible Apartments for rent in Avondale, AZ
- Avondale Apartments with Balconies (36)
- Avondale Apartments with Garages (28)
- Avondale Apartments with Gyms (10)
- Avondale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (12)
- Avondale Apartments with Parking (40)
- Avondale Apartments with Pools (27)
- Avondale Apartments with Washer-Dryers (17)
- Avondale Dog Friendly Apartments (32)
- Avondale Furnished Apartments (5)
- Avondale Luxury Apartments (57)
- Avondale Pet Friendly Apartments (32)
- Tolleson Accessible Apartments (1)
- Litchfield Park Accessible Apartments (2)
- Goodyear Accessible Apartments (13)
- Youngtown Accessible Apartments (1)
- El Mirage Accessible Apartments (3)
- Glendale Accessible Apartments (32)
- Sun City West Accessible Apartments (1)
- Phoenix Accessible Apartments (210)
- Surprise Accessible Apartments (10)
- Buckeye Accessible Apartments (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an accessible apartment in Avondale?
How many accessible apartments are available for rent in Avondale?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Avondale?
Originally established as a ranching, farming, and agricultural community, this Sun Valley city has been trying to find its identity for decades. Avondale is located about 15 miles west of Phoenix and is part of a fairly indistinguishable bundle of developing cities, including Buckeye, Surprise, Litchfield Park, Goodyear and Tolleson.
In fact, the superlative you'll see most when you begin your apartment search in Avondale is "developing." Almost everything in the city is under construction, and in fact, the main image on the city's website is of home construction. This can be both good and bad in terms of your apartment hunt. Newer homes means a larger variety of amenities, and generally, less maintenance in terms of comfort and convenience. But, because most of Avondale's neighborhoods have been newly developed, the city has a distinctly suburban feel.
Avondale was also subject to a lot of foreclosures during the subprime mortgage debacle of 2007. Because of this, the city is currently offering a lot of incentives for buying up these abandoned homes. Because there are several empty homes throughout most parts of Avondale, you’ll have to walk around the surrounding blocks to really get a feel for your new neighborhood.
Most of Avondale’s shopping, nightlife and activities are centered around that suburban lifestyle that dominates a lot of Sun Valley cities. Large strip malls and chain restaurants at the edges of town are where residents usually go for a good time. Additionally, Avondale is home to the Phoenix International Raceway, where several NASCAR and other automotive races are held every year. See more
There are plenty of options for wheelchair accessible apartments in Avondale with the right research and approach. Get started by choosing the accessible option in your profile on Apartment List for quick results.
Stay focused on the location and amenities you need that will empower your life and make day-to-day living easier. The neighborhood you move to should offer ample wheelchair accessible parking, public transportation, dining, and entertainment options to fit your lifestyle.
Take your time and ask plenty of questions when touring wheelchair accessible apartments in Avondale. Look for features like wide doorways, elevators, entrance ramps, and accessible sinks with lower countertops. Front-loading washer and dryers are also important, as well as hardwood floors that makes using a wheelchair easier. Ask if there are any plans for future renovations that may increase, or decrease, the accessibility of the apartment. Ask about handicap parking spaces and explain your rights to make reasonable modifications to your space.