7,071 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in San Antonio, TX
- San Antonio Accessible Apartments (191)
- San Antonio Apartments with Balconies (492)
- San Antonio Apartments with Garages (373)
- San Antonio Apartments with Gyms (322)
- San Antonio Apartments with Hardwood Floors (323)
- San Antonio Apartments with Parking (602)
- San Antonio Apartments with Pools (425)
- San Antonio Apartments with Washer-Dryers (277)
- San Antonio Furnished Apartments (49)
- San Antonio Luxury Apartments (706)
- San Antonio Pet Friendly Apartments (577)
- Balcones Heights Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Castle Hills Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Leon Valley Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Windcrest Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Live Oak Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Converse Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Timberwood Park Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Universal City Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Selma Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Scenic Oaks Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
When I greet my neighbor with a "hi y'all", I'm wealthy as a king upon a throne. You can have your mansion or your cottage small - I'll just take my home in San Antone." (George Strait - "Home in San Antone").
Welcome to San Antonio: Home to the rodeo, the Spurs, the Alamo Dome, and of course, the Alamo. It's not uncommon to spot a few Texas clichés around this town. Cowboy hats, boots, and heavy duty trucks are a necessity for many locals, especially those working the rodeo or surrounding ranches. Expect to hear a "howdy!" every once in a while, and don't be surprised to see the occasional Chuck Norris lookalike. However, you can also find modern hybrid buses, upscale malls, advanced medical and business centers, authentic flamenco performances, punks and yuppies, hippies and barbies, freaks, goths, geeks, and everything in between. It's a certain style of country-urban living born out of age-old Texan ingenuity.
Having trouble with Craigslist San Antonio? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding an apartment in San Antonio that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.