2,797 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Arlington, VA
- Arlington Accessible Apartments (78)
- Arlington Apartments with Balconies (222)
- Arlington Apartments with Garages (157)
- Arlington Apartments with Gyms (163)
- Arlington Apartments with Hardwood Floors (180)
- Arlington Apartments with Parking (254)
- Arlington Apartments with Pools (141)
- Arlington Apartments with Washer-Dryers (220)
- Arlington Furnished Apartments (42)
- Arlington Luxury Apartments (215)
- Arlington Pet Friendly Apartments (166)
- Bailey's Crossroads Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Seven Corners Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Alexandria Dog Friendly Apartments (111)
- Lake Barcroft Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Falls Church Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- Brookmont Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Lincolnia Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Friendship Heights Village Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- West Falls Church Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Washington Dog Friendly Apartments (546)
Just across the Potomac River, sits a city filled with old colonial homes and steeped in American history. Arlington, Virginia may be known for the Pentagon and the National Cemetery but beyond the tourist attractions and landmarks, it is a bustling, hip city.
When starting out in this new city, there is something cozy, yet cool, about Arlington. Tree-lined streets lend themselves to high-rise apartments as well as colonial-inspired homes. Boutiques and trendy eateries share the same sidewalk as restaurants and neighbors here exchange conversation on bike paths as well as the Metro.
Cost of living: Rent can be a bit pricey but those moving should consider Arlington’s proximity to D.C., its abundance of culture and the ability to commute using the Metro, which can save on a car payment/insurance. It is also a good walking city, so what you pay in rent, you save on transportation because you can walk to dinner, shopping and entertainment.
Having trouble with Craigslist Arlington? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding an apartment in Arlington that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.