Average Rent in Atlanta & Rent Price Trends
Thinking about moving to Atlanta? Before packing your bags and heading south, learn about the average rent in Atlanta. Having an idea of how much an Atlanta apartment costs will help with budgeting and planning your move.
Average Rent in Atlanta
- The average rent for an Atlanta studio apartment is $1,657.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 1-bedroom apartment is $1,841.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 2-bedroom apartment is $2,410.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 3-bedroom apartment is $3,073.
Note: The data provided reflects our available units on Apartment List. For data that reflects the entire market, we recommend you visit our Rent Report, which is created based on our holistic methodology. You can also download the raw data containing rent estimates for hundreds of cities across the country.
Atlanta Rent Trends: Rent Growth
Atlanta rents have increased by 2.95% compared to last month, and are up by 18.8% compared to last year.
Atlanta Rent Trends: Inventory by Average Apartment Rent
- 1% of apartments in Atlanta cost less than $1,000 per month.
- 54% of apartments in Atlanta cost between $1,000-$1,999 per month.
- 34% of apartments in Atlanta cost between $2,000-$2,999 per month.
- 12% of apartments in Atlanta cost over $3,000 per month.
Altanta Rent Trends: Inventory by Apartment Type
- 5% of apartments in Atlanta are studio apartments.
- 46% of apartments in Atlanta are 1-bedroom apartments.
- 40% of apartments in Atlanta are 2-bedroom apartments.
- 9% of apartments in Atlanta are 3-bedroom apartments.
Average Rent in Atlanta Neighborhoods
Have your ideal Atlanta neighborhood already picked out? Rent prices across neighborhoods can vary, so get familiar with the average rent prices across the various neighborhoods in Atlanta.
|Neighborhood||Average 1- Bedroom Rent|
Rows per page:
1-10 of 15
How Much Do I Need to Make to live in Atlanta?
Not sure how much you need to make to live comfortably in Atlanta? Using the 30% rule, we can get a sense of the salary you'll need to live in an average-priced Atlanta apartment.
- If you are renting an average priced studio apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $59,652 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 1-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $66,276 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 2-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $86,760 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 3-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $110,628 or higher.
If you're considering renting in Atlanta, be sure to learn more about the cost of living in Atlanta.
Although the 30% rule gives an estimate, these numbers can be dramatically cut down if you are renting with a roommate or two.
Ready to find your dream Atlanta apartment? Just get started with our quiz!