Average Rent in Atlanta & Rent Price Trends
Thinking about moving to Atlanta? Before packing your bags and heading south, learn about the average rent in Atlanta. Having an idea of how much an Atlanta apartment costs will help with budgeting and planning your move.
Average Rent in Atlanta
- The average rent for an Atlanta studio apartment is $1,048.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 1-bedroom apartment is $1,178.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 2-bedroom apartment is $1,186.
- The average rent for an Atlanta 3-bedroom apartment is $1,239.
Rent Trends: Atlanta's Rent Growth
For the whole state of Georgia, rent prices are up 1.2% over the past year. However, the city of Atlanta is a different story. Atlanta rent prices are down 2.5% year-over-year. Now is a great time to score a deal on an Atlanta apartment, with more and more rent specials popping up.
Rent Trends: Atlanta's Apartment Inventory by Price
- 5% of Atlanta apartments cost less than $1,000 per month.
- 69% of Atlanta apartments cost between $1,000-$1,999 per month.
- 21% of Atlanta apartments cost between $2,000-$2,999 per month.
- 6% of Atlanta apartments cost over $3,000 per month.
Rent Trends: Atlanta Apartment Inventory by Layout
- 6% of apartments in Atlanta are studio apartments.
- 47% of apartments in Atlanta are 1-bedroom apartments.
- 40% of apartments in Atlanta are 2-bedroom apartments.
- 7% of apartments in Atlanta are 3-bedroom apartments or larger.
Average Rent in Atlanta Neighborhoods
|Neighborhood||Average 1-BR Rent||Average 2-BR Rent|
|Poncey / Inman||$1,844||$2,558|
|Marietta / GA Tech||$1,742||$2,256|
|Old Fourth Ward||$1,688||$2,183|
The most expensive neighborhoods in Atlanta are Midtown ($1,869), Home Park ($1,853), and Poncey-Highland/Inman Park ($1,844).
The most affordable neighborhoods in Atlanta are Vine City ($1,209), Loring Heights ($1,254) and Summerhill ($1,349).
How Much Do I Need to Make to live in Atlanta?
Not sure how much you need to make to live comfortably in Atlanta? Using the 30% rule, we can get a sense of the salary you'll need to live in an average-priced Atlanta apartment.
- If you are renting an average priced studio apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $37,728 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 1-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $42,408 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 2-bedroom apartment in Atlanta, your annual salary should be around $42,696 or higher.
Although the 30% rule gives an estimate, these numbers can be dramatically cut down if you are renting with a roommate or two.
Ready to find your dream Atlanta apartment? Just get started with our quiz!