Average Rent in Dallas & Rent Price Trends
Average Rent in Dallas
- The average rent for a Dallas studio apartment is $1,529
- The average rent for a Dallas 1-bedroom apartment is $1,692
- The average rent for a Dallas 2-bedroom apartment is $2,464
- The average rent for a Dallas 3-bedroom apartment is $3,534
Note: The data provided reflects our available units on Apartment List. For data that reflects the entire market, we recommend you visit our Rent Report, which is created based on our holistic methodology. You can also download the raw data containing rent estimates for hundreds of cities across the country.
Dallas Rent Trends: Rent Growth
Dallas rents have increased by 0.99% compared to last month, and are up by 17.26% compared to last year.
Dallas Rent Trends: Inventory by Average Apartment Rent
- 6% of apartments in Dallas cost less than $1,000 per month.
- 60% of apartments in Dallas cost between $1,000-$1,999 per month.
- 23% of apartments in Dallas cost between $2,000-$2,999 per month.
- 11% of apartments in Dallas cost over $3,000 per month.
Dallas Rent Trends: Inventory by Apartment Type
- 5% of apartments in Dallas are studio apartments.
- 60% of apartments in Dallas are 1-bedroom apartments.
- 33% of apartments in Dallas are 2-bedroom apartments.
- 2% of apartments in Dallas are 3-bedroom apartments.
Average Rent in Dallas Neighborhoods
Have your ideal Dallas neighborhood already picked out? Rent prices across neighborhoods can vary, so get familiar with the average rent prices across the various neighborhoods in Dallas.
- The most expensive neighborhoods in Dallas are Oak Lawn ($2,379), Downtown Dallas ($2,357), and Victory Park ($2,251).
- The most affordable neighborhoods in Dallas are Old East Dallas ($1,189), Lake Highlands ($1,093), and Bachman-Northwest Highway ($846).
|Neighborhood||Average 1- Bedroom Rent|
|Fort Worth Avenue||$1,588|
Rows per page:
1-10 of 19
Learn about the best neighborhoods in Dallas.
What Salary Do You Need to Live in Dallas?
Using the 30% rule, we can give a rough estimate of the salary needed to rent an apartment in Dallas. If these numbers look high, remember that a roommate or two can drastically cut down your monthly rent!
- If you are renting an average priced studio apartment in Dallas, your annual salary should be around $61,160 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 1-bedroom apartment in Dallas, your annual salary should be around $67,680 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 2-bedroom apartment in Dallas, your annual salary should be around $98,560 or higher.
- If you are renting an average priced 3-bedroom apartment in Dallas, your annual salary should be around $141,360 or higher.
If you're considering renting in Dallas, be sure to learn more about the cost of living in Dallas.
Having trouble deciding how much rent you can afford? Try using a rent calculator.
Ready to make the move to Dallas? Start apartment hunting in Dallas with our quiz!
You can also learn more about:
- Things to Know Before Moving to Texas
- Cost of Living in Texas
- Best Places to Live in Texas
- Cheapest Places to Live in Texas
- Things to Know Before Moving to Houston
- Cost of Living in Houston
- Average Rent in Houston & Rental Price Trends
- Best Neighborhoods in Houston
- Things to Know Before Moving to Austin
- Cost of Living in Austin
- Average Rent in Austin & Rental Price Trends
- Best Neighborhoods in Austin