10 Apartments for rent in Oakland, CA under $1,200
- Oakland Accessible Apartments (63)
- Oakland Apartments with Balconies (142)
- Oakland Apartments with Garages (100)
- Oakland Apartments with Gyms (55)
- Oakland Apartments with Hardwood Floors (152)
- Oakland Apartments with Parking (200)
- Oakland Apartments with Pools (25)
- Oakland Apartments with Washer-Dryers (143)
- Oakland Dog Friendly Apartments (157)
- Oakland Furnished Apartments (20)
- Oakland Luxury Apartments (186)
- Oakland Pet Friendly Apartments (159)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How expensive is it to rent a studio apartment in Oakland?
How much is rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Oakland?
What is the typical rent for a two-bedroom apartments in Oakland?
"Growing up in northern California has had a big influence on my love and respect for the outdoors. When I lived in Oakland, we would think nothing of driving to Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz one day and then driving to the foothills of the Sierras the next day." - Tom Hanks
Having trouble with Craigslist Oakland? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding a deal on affordable apartments under $1,200 in Oakland is worth the extra effort. Come ready to pounce on the best deals. Call the property management in advance to ask what paperwork they need and come prepared. Bank statements, pay stubs, identification, and letters of recommendation from an employer or landlord are usually standard. It’s better to come to an apartment tour over-prepared and ready to sign.
You probably won’t find affordable apartments under $1,200 in Oakland in the heart of the action, but you can still land in a neighborhood you love. Look for locations on the outskirts of your dream location or reconsider how much space you really need. A studio apartment may offer plenty of space in your ideal neighborhood at a cheaper price point.
Some property managers will also know about apartments under $1,200 in other buildings they manage, or through word-of-mouth from industry contacts. Ask about any leads if you can’t find the space you need. Touring the first floor for affordable apartments that need some updating can also yield a great deal.