1,825 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Avondale, AZ
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Avondale Accessible Apartments (9)
- Avondale Apartments with Balconies (47)
- Avondale Apartments with Garages (40)
- Avondale Apartments with Gyms (11)
- Avondale Apartments with Hardwood Floors (15)
- Avondale Apartments with Parking (49)
- Avondale Apartments with Pools (29)
- Avondale Apartments with Washer-Dryers (18)
- Avondale Furnished Apartments (6)
- Avondale Luxury Apartments (82)
- Avondale Pet Friendly Apartments (48)
- Tolleson Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Litchfield Park Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Goodyear Dog Friendly Apartments (60)
- Youngtown Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- El Mirage Dog Friendly Apartments (24)
- Glendale Dog Friendly Apartments (128)
- Sun City Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Sun City West Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Phoenix Dog Friendly Apartments (887)
- Surprise Dog Friendly Apartments (102)
Originally established as a ranching, farming, and agricultural community, this Sun Valley city has been trying to find its identity for decades. Avondale is located about 15 miles west of Phoenix and is part of a fairly indistinguishable bundle of developing cities, including Buckeye, Surprise, Litchfield Park, Goodyear and Tolleson.
In fact, the superlative you'll see most when you begin your apartment search in Avondale is "developing." Almost everything in the city is under construction, and in fact, the main image on the city's website is of home construction. This can be both good and bad in terms of your apartment hunt. Newer homes means a larger variety of amenities, and generally, less maintenance in terms of comfort and convenience. But, because most of Avondale's neighborhoods have been newly developed, the city has a distinctly suburban feel.
Avondale was also subject to a lot of foreclosures during the subprime mortgage debacle of 2007. Because of this, the city is currently offering a lot of incentives for buying up these abandoned homes. Because there are several empty homes throughout most parts of Avondale, you’ll have to walk around the surrounding blocks to really get a feel for your new neighborhood.
Most of Avondale’s shopping, nightlife and activities are centered around that suburban lifestyle that dominates a lot of Sun Valley cities. Large strip malls and chain restaurants at the edges of town are where residents usually go for a good time. Additionally, Avondale is home to the Phoenix International Raceway, where several NASCAR and other automotive races are held every year. See more
Finding an apartment in Avondale that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.