364 Accessible Apartments for Rent in Houston, TX
- Houston Apartments with Balconies (587)
- Houston Apartments with Garages (349)
- Houston Apartments with Gyms (536)
- Houston Apartments with Hardwood Floors (545)
- Houston Apartments with Parking (650)
- Houston Apartments with Pools (614)
- Houston Apartments with Washer-Dryers (473)
- Houston Dog Friendly Apartments (685)
- Houston Furnished Apartments (64)
- Houston Luxury Apartments (6)
- Houston Pet Friendly Apartments (682)
- Houston Senior Apartments (7)
- Jersey Village Accessible Apartments (5)
- South Houston Accessible Apartments (1)
- Stafford Accessible Apartments (6)
- Pearland Accessible Apartments (7)
- Humble Accessible Apartments (14)
- Missouri City Accessible Apartments (4)
- Spring Accessible Apartments (20)
- Pasadena Accessible Apartments (9)
- Deer Park Accessible Apartments (2)
- Sugar Land Accessible Apartments (3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an accessible apartment in Houston?
How many accessible apartments are available for rent in Houston?
'Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed.' (Neil Armstrong)
When then-President of the Republic of Texas Sam Houston incorporated the City of Houston in 1837, the prevailing industry was railroad construction. A lot has changed since then, but the city’s passion for modes of transportation has not (think NASA and oil tycoons). Too bad a mass transit system consistently fails to inspire our local legislators... So whether you travel via steam engine or shuttle rocket, you’re going to need somewhere to park your vessel in this city of over two million. It doesn’t take a regular Space Camp attendee to find a great apartment in Houston, but we hope this guide furnishes some enlightenment for your odyssey. Happy hunting!
Having trouble with Craigslist Houston? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Apartment Guide? Apartment List is here to help! See more
There are plenty of options for wheelchair accessible apartments in Houston with the right research and approach. Get started by choosing the accessible option in your profile on Apartment List for quick results.
Stay focused on the location and amenities you need that will empower your life and make day-to-day living easier. The neighborhood you move to should offer ample wheelchair accessible parking, public transportation, dining, and entertainment options to fit your lifestyle.
Take your time and ask plenty of questions when touring wheelchair accessible apartments in Houston. Look for features like wide doorways, elevators, entrance ramps, and accessible sinks with lower countertops. Front-loading washer and dryers are also important, as well as hardwood floors that makes using a wheelchair easier. Ask if there are any plans for future renovations that may increase, or decrease, the accessibility of the apartment. Ask about handicap parking spaces and explain your rights to make reasonable modifications to your space.