649 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Horizon West, FL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Horizon West Accessible Apartments (1)
- Horizon West Apartments with Balconies (23)
- Horizon West Apartments with Garages (47)
- Horizon West Apartments with Gyms (16)
- Horizon West Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Horizon West Apartments with Parking (48)
- Horizon West Apartments with Pools (37)
- Horizon West Apartments with Washer-Dryers (37)
- Horizon West Furnished Apartments (7)
- Horizon West Pet Friendly Apartments (20)
- Windermere Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Winter Garden Dog Friendly Apartments (20)
- Oakland Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Four Corners Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- Doctor Phillips Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Celebration Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Clermont Dog Friendly Apartments (25)
- Ocoee Dog Friendly Apartments (17)
- Williamsburg Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Orlovista Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
Horizon West is a pretty small place to live in Florida, but it's had some big history. One of the biggest people to grace its presence was Elvis Presley -- but before he became famous! In 1955, the soon-to-be King of Rock and Roll came to the Horizon West area and learned to water ski on Lake Butler. Elvis was driving a pink Cadillac at the time, and neighbors remember helping a 20-year-old Elvis learn how to stand up on water skies. It wasn't long after that Elvis appeared on Ed Sullivan and m...
Horizon West is a tiny planned community area in Orange County, Florida. The area is basically a residential part of Orlando, where homes and businesses have been laid out strategically to make life as easy and lovely as possible for residents. The history of the area is that it started out as orange groves, like most of the area around here. However, when the big-eared mouse and his theme parks came in, a lot of land was developed into residential property (because tons of people wanted to live near the spectacular attractions!) Horizon West became one of these properties around 1993, when a group of developers partnered with orange county to develop a huge swath of undeveloped land (30,000 acres). In 1995, the area was ready, and it became known as Horizon West, a community made up of five villages and a town center. Today, Horizon West continues to be a charming place where people choose to live in the Orlando area. If you're a fan of theme parks or like living near water, this is a great place for you to consider finding apartment homes. See more
Finding an apartment in Horizon West that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.