189 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Indio, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Indio Apartments with Balconies (66)
- Indio Apartments with Garages (49)
- Indio Apartments with Gyms (37)
- Indio Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Indio Apartments with Parking (56)
- Indio Apartments with Pools (96)
- Indio Apartments with Washer-Dryers (69)
- Indio Furnished Apartments (34)
- Indio Luxury Apartments (12)
- Indio Pet Friendly Apartments (20)
- Bermuda Dunes Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Desert Palms Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- La Quinta Dog Friendly Apartments (23)
- Indian Wells Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Palm Desert Dog Friendly Apartments (32)
- Thousand Palms Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Rancho Mirage Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Cathedral City Dog Friendly Apartments (18)
- Palm Springs Dog Friendly Apartments (37)
- Desert Hot Springs Dog Friendly Apartments (11)
Lots of famous people have called Indio home, including producer Merv Griffin, former GM of the Anaheim Angels Tony Reagins, and actress Vanessa Marcil. Well, famous-ish.
Indio started as railroad town, but now it’s a thriving business center. Indio offers living right near the Sonoran Dessert, as well as water views by the Lake Cahuilla. It’s also an official bird sanctuary. Indio stays warm all year round and boasts a typical desert-like climate. So, if you like warm weather, spending time outside and limitless opportunities for entertainment, Indios a great place for you to look for a home. See more
Finding an apartment in Indio that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.