346 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in El Cajon, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in El Cajon (3)
- El Cajon Accessible Apartments (5)
- El Cajon Apartments with Balconies (27)
- El Cajon Apartments with Garages (10)
- El Cajon Apartments with Gyms (2)
- El Cajon Apartments with Hardwood Floors (15)
- El Cajon Apartments with Parking (32)
- El Cajon Apartments with Pools (17)
- El Cajon Apartments with Washer-Dryers (17)
- El Cajon Dog Friendly Apartments (19)
- El Cajon Furnished Apartments (3)
- El Cajon Pet Friendly Apartments (21)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in El Cajon (4)
- Bostonia 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Casa de Oro-Mount Helix 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Winter Gardens 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Santee 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- La Mesa 1 Bedroom Apartments (14)
- Spring Valley 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Lakeside 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Bonita 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- San Diego 1 Bedroom Apartments (293)
- Chula Vista 1 Bedroom Apartments (30)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in El Cajon?
How expensive are two-bedroom apartments in El Cajon?
How much would I have to pay for a studio apartment in El Cajon?
Surrounded by mountains, this valley city in San Diego County is home to over 100,000 residents. Located 12 miles from San Diego, El Cajon, or “the box”, “the drawer” or “the bin” as it translates to (due to its shape), is regarded for its great climate and relaxed way of life. It is the perfect spot to settle in and get tucked away, if you will.
Full of exciting things to do (the Boardwalk, Lake Murray) and a great setting to do them in, El Cajon is a middle class city based on community values and active lifestyles. Though it may not be as frequented by tourists as its big sister city, San Diego, El Cajon’s laid back attitude is its biggest selling point. The great local eateries and small sports bars are also part of the appeal of this friendly California town. Residents live here for peace of mind and prime location. Thinking of relocating? Think inside “the box.” See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in El Cajon offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in El Cajon, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.