482 Apartments for rent in Longboat Key, FL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Longboat Key Apartments with Balconies (21)
- Longboat Key Apartments with Garages (11)
- Longboat Key Apartments with Gyms (23)
- Longboat Key Apartments with Parking (21)
- Longboat Key Apartments with Pools (39)
- Longboat Key Apartments with Washer-Dryers (39)
- Longboat Key Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Longboat Key Furnished Apartments (23)
- Longboat Key Luxury Apartments (13)
- Longboat Key Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Bayshore Gardens Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- South Bradenton Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Sarasota Apartments with Hardwood Floors (26)
- West Bradenton Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Bradenton Apartments with Hardwood Floors (15)
- Palmetto Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Southgate Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- South Gate Ridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Fruitville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Gulf Gate Estates Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
Some notable past residents of Longboat Key, Florida, include tennis legend Maria Sharapova, artist Ed Miracle, famed tennis coach Nick Bollettieri, Governor of American Samoa Frank Mockler and Lee Scott, former CEO of Wal-Mart. What a place to call home!
Imagine a luxurious beach community with quiet suburban living, warm weather and great neighbors. If you've imagined that, you've just imagined Longboat Key. Longboat Key is technically a suburb of Sarasota, in the Bradenton-Sarasota-Venice metropolitan area. Longboat Key is a city of condominiums. Literally. Instead of a government, the town is governed by a Federation of Longboat Key Condominiums, and in addition to some local infrastructure, the Federation helps manage visitors and residents of the city alike. The condos in Longboat Key draw many snowbirds; residents who live here only in the winter to escape the cold of wherever their main home is. However, some residents live here year-round. There are many reasons to come to Longboat Key. Many are drawn to the beaches, which are made of beautiful, pristine white sand. Others like the warm weather -- you'll never have to buy a down coat. Still others enjoy local culture and history. No matter what it is that brings people to Longboat Key, it's a good place to find an apartment to rent. The city is filled with rental properties, and you'll have your choice of places to enjoy great Florida living. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Longboat Key renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.