787 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Aventura, FL
- Aventura Accessible Apartments (2)
- Aventura Apartments with Balconies (56)
- Aventura Apartments with Garages (55)
- Aventura Apartments with Gyms (72)
- Aventura Apartments with Hardwood Floors (11)
- Aventura Apartments with Parking (83)
- Aventura Apartments with Pools (86)
- Aventura Apartments with Washer-Dryers (69)
- Aventura Furnished Apartments (31)
- Aventura Luxury Apartments (12)
- Aventura Pet Friendly Apartments (20)
- Golden Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Sunny Isles Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Ojus Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Hallandale Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- North Miami Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (13)
- Ives Estates Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- West Park Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Bal Harbour Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- North Miami Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Bay Harbor Islands Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
The minuscule municipality of Aventura, Florida, equidistant between Miami and Fort Lauderdale and a mile west of the Atlantic Ocean, came into being pretty much on the back of a napkin in the late 1960s. Southwest Airlines was also born with a paper napkin sketch. Sorry, off topic! The gleam in the developers' eyes stemmed from a quick idea for an upscale golf course and resort on some fill dirt, surrounded by man-made lakes and canals.
Those same developers probably envisioned other things as well. High-rise condominiums, perhaps. They were being built at the time on just about every other piece of available dirt in South Florida. What did eventually happen is that this community, which occupies only 3.2 square miles, grew to a population of about 36,000 people. That's dense by any standard, right? But, when you consider that one of the most popular (and expensive) malls in the area is also within the city limits, and an exclusive 18-hole golf course and upscale resort hotel occupy a good share of the ground space, you can see what has developed – pun intended – in the past five decades or so. Then there's the marina and the canals and a few streets. See more
Finding an apartment in Aventura that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.