475 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Camarillo, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Camarillo Accessible Apartments (2)
- Camarillo Apartments with Balconies (22)
- Camarillo Apartments with Garages (26)
- Camarillo Apartments with Gyms (12)
- Camarillo Apartments with Hardwood Floors (11)
- Camarillo Apartments with Parking (28)
- Camarillo Apartments with Pools (21)
- Camarillo Apartments with Washer-Dryers (16)
- Camarillo Furnished Apartments (4)
- Camarillo Luxury Apartments (37)
- Camarillo Pet Friendly Apartments (19)
- Santa Paula Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Oxnard Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- Thousand Oaks Dog Friendly Apartments (31)
- Moorpark Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Port Hueneme Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Channel Islands Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Ventura Dog Friendly Apartments (28)
- Westlake Village Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Oak Park Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Agoura Hills Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
"The clouds in Camarillo shimmer with a light that's so unreal." (Brazzaville, "The Clouds in Camarillo")
Camarillo's rich history in the music and film industries can be traced to the Camarillo State Mental Hospital, which operated in the area between 1936 and 1997. Because it's only a stone's throw from Hollywood and everyone trying to achieve their Hollywood dreams (and because, let's face it, famous people are nuts), many celebs found themselves in the hospital recovering from various illnesses and addictions. Musicians Charlie Parker and Frank Zappa wrote songs about the institution, describing the hospital as a sort of mix between a saving grace and a place of torment. The hospital was also featured in the movie The Ring, the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and the filming location for N'Sync's music video "I Drive Myself Crazy." College kids now spend their days taking calculus and art history at the hospital, which has since been converted into the California State University, Channel Islands. The building's current staff and students try to forget the storied history, which is kind of hard given that the buildings are regularly visited by people in search of ghosts and other paranormal activity. Don't worry, we haven't experienced any weird hauntings in the area. See more
Finding an apartment in Camarillo that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.