558 Apartments for rent in Staten Island, NY with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Staten Island Apartments with Balconies (13)
- Staten Island Apartments with Garages (23)
- Staten Island Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Staten Island Apartments with Parking (38)
- Staten Island Apartments with Pools (4)
- Staten Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (15)
- Staten Island Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Staten Island Furnished Apartments (1)
- Staten Island Luxury Apartments (1)
- Staten Island Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- Carteret Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Elizabeth Apartments with Hardwood Floors (19)
- Bayonne Apartments with Hardwood Floors (42)
- Linden Apartments with Hardwood Floors (14)
- Avenel Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Roselle Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Rahway Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Perth Amboy Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Woodbridge Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Newark Apartments with Hardwood Floors (70)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Staten Island?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Staten Island?
"The news said that Staten Island is the 'Forgotten Borough' how can you forget over a half of million families. Shaolin Wu-Tang Worldwide..." - Tweet by RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan
Locals may lament their home being referred to as "the forgotten borough," since the other four eat up a lot of attention, but Staten Island is definitely one of the "Fearsome Fivesome" of the great New York City. The island ranks as the third-largest borough in square mileage, but the smallest in population -- which is kind of mind-boggling, since it's home to about half a million people. But what's a borough, anyway? Basically, it's a city and a county at the same time. Several states have them but New York's version grew from a combination of the city and county governmental structures that were in place in the latter part of the 19th century. Staten Island lies in the southwest part of the city and is nearly surrounded by New Jersey, except for its northeast corner, which is linked to Brooklyn via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Staten Island is also close to Newark Liberty International Airport and sits at the mouth of the Hudson River as it flows into the Atlantic Ocean. With water views and legendary dining and entertainment options readily accessible, you may wonder why haven't started your search for apartments in Staten Island yet.
Having trouble with Craigslist Staten Island? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Staten Island renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.