313 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Staten Island, NY
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Staten Island (2)
- Furnished 1 Bedroom Apartments in Staten Island (2)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Staten Island (2)
- Staten Island Apartments with Balconies (14)
- Staten Island Apartments with Garages (16)
- Staten Island Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Staten Island Apartments with Hardwood Floors (22)
- Staten Island Apartments with Parking (34)
- Staten Island Apartments with Pools (8)
- Staten Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (16)
- Staten Island Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Staten Island Furnished Apartments (2)
- Staten Island Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- Carteret 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- Elizabeth 1 Bedroom Apartments (9)
- Bayonne 1 Bedroom Apartments (26)
- Linden 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Avenel 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Roselle 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Rahway 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Perth Amboy 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Keansburg 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Woodbridge 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Staten Island?
How expensive are two-bedroom apartments in Staten Island?
How much would I have to pay for a studio apartment in Staten Island?
"The news said that Staten Island is the 'Forgotten Borough' how can you forget over a half of million families. Shaolin Wu-Tang Worldwide..." - Tweet by RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan
Locals may lament their home being referred to as "the forgotten borough," since the other four eat up a lot of attention, but Staten Island is definitely one of the "Fearsome Fivesome" of the great New York City. The island ranks as the third-largest borough in square mileage, but the smallest in population -- which is kind of mind-boggling, since it's home to about half a million people. But what's a borough, anyway? Basically, it's a city and a county at the same time. Several states have them but New York's version grew from a combination of the city and county governmental structures that were in place in the latter part of the 19th century. Staten Island lies in the southwest part of the city and is nearly surrounded by New Jersey, except for its northeast corner, which is linked to Brooklyn via the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge. Staten Island is also close to Newark Liberty International Airport and sits at the mouth of the Hudson River as it flows into the Atlantic Ocean. With water views and legendary dining and entertainment options readily accessible, you may wonder why haven't started your search for apartments in Staten Island yet.
Having trouble with Craigslist Staten Island? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Staten Island offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Staten Island, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.