583 Apartments for rent in Merritt Island, FL with Balconies
- Merritt Island Apartments with Garages (6)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Parking (11)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Pools (10)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (4)
- Merritt Island Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Merritt Island Furnished Apartments (3)
- Merritt Island Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Cocoa Beach Apartments with Balconies (38)
- Rockledge Apartments with Balconies (20)
- Viera East Apartments with Balconies (6)
- Viera West Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Cape Canaveral Apartments with Balconies (43)
- Cocoa Apartments with Balconies (8)
- South Patrick Shores Apartments with Balconies (5)
- Satellite Beach Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Indian Harbour Beach Apartments with Balconies (15)
- Port St. John Apartments with Balconies (2)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a balcony in Merritt Island?
How many apartments with balconies are available for rent in Merritt Island?
Merritt Island is the home of the Kennedy Space Center and the 140,000-acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Though it was formerly a sleepy little collection of towns and villages full of citrus farmers, the coming of the space age turned Merritt Island into a large town of 35,000 people. Unfortunately, now that shuttles aren't taking off from the Kennedy Space Center, it's fallen on hard times, with a large number of rental vacancies throughout the town. Companies that once manufactured items for NASA have cut back or closed down, leaving the area far from booming economically. However, this is good news if you do have a job in the area, as your apartment search will be very easy, and the rent has come down quite a bit. Now, the environment, kept fairly pristine thanks to the no-go areas surrounding the space agency, are a big attraction, featuring animal and bird sanctuaries, uninhabited islands, and protected wetlands. Enjoy bird watching and laughing at big city dwellers who spend too much money for a hectic lifestyle. See more
Balconies are a coveted amenity for many renters looking for high-rise views and opportunities for fresh air. However, you should keep in mind that balconies often come with restrictions.
Before signing a lease, ask about how many people can be on the balcony at once. Also, ask about whether you’re allowed to store a bike or other items.
You’ll also want to know about any maintenance schedules. Using your balcony as storage could result in fines and intervention from your property management.
Keep in mind that not all balconies are created equally. You may discover the views of the parking area are less than optimal or reduce your overall privacy.
Balconies can also get messy with debris, foliage, dirt, and pollen depending on your location. Renters are typically responsible for any clean-up and basic balcony upkeep.
Regardless of the issues to keep in mind, balconies are usually a big win for Merritt Island renters. Ask about apartments on higher floors for the best views.