438 Pet Friendly Apartments for rent in Portsmouth, VA
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Portsmouth (5)
- Pet Friendly 2 Bedroom Apartments in Portsmouth (8)
- Pet Friendly 3 Bedroom Apartments in Portsmouth (18)
- Portsmouth Accessible Apartments (1)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Balconies (22)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Garages (10)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Gyms (7)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Hardwood Floors (14)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Parking (28)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Pools (5)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Washer-Dryers (23)
- Portsmouth Dog Friendly Apartments (33)
- Portsmouth Luxury Apartments (65)
- Norfolk Pet Friendly Apartments (112)
- Hampton Pet Friendly Apartments (40)
- Chesapeake Pet Friendly Apartments (57)
- Newport News Pet Friendly Apartments (49)
- Suffolk Pet Friendly Apartments (14)
- Virginia Beach Pet Friendly Apartments (127)
- Yorktown Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Williamsburg Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Hopewell Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Petersburg Pet Friendly Apartments (10)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for a pet-friendly apartment in Portsmouth?
How many pet-friendly apartments are available for rent in Portsmouth?
Are there any additional fees associated with renting a pet-friendly apartment in Portsmouth?
Portsmouth, Virginia is home to the largest naval shipyard in the world. Don't let the name confuse you, though. It's named after the neighboring city of Norfolk.
Portsmouth is a city that forms a piece of what seems like a seamless community surrounding the Chesapeake Bay. The Seven Cities of Hampton Roads include Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Newport News. The first official successful settlement in the Americas, Jamestown, lies only a few miles up river. Colonial era homes still line the streets mixed with modern advancements and the skyscrapers of downtown Norfolk. The military has a strong presence in the city and makes for the majority of the local infrastructure. Unemployment is remarkably low and cost of living is more reasonable in this area than adjacent cities. See more
Renting pet-friendly apartments in Portsmouth should offer peace of mind and convenience for our furry friends. It’s crucial to find an apartment that’ll work for both you and your pet. Before signing a pet-friendly apartment, take your time to study the layout and ask plenty of questions.
Some pet-friendly apartments in Portsmouth may request a pet deposit or only accept certain dog breeds. You should also consider if the floors are hardwood or carpeted. Hardwood may be easier to clean-up fur and a mess but could mean your neighbors below hear the tapping of your dog running past. An outdoor balcony can also be ideal for a pet who needs some fresh air.
Consider the neighborhood of any pet-friendly apartments in Portsmouth. Are they near a dog park or a vet? You should also research the rates of dog walkers in your area. It may be less expensive to move to a nearby neighborhood with a lower pet deposit, a better layout for your pet, and cheaper services.