485 Apartments for rent in Portsmouth, VA with Garages
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Portsmouth Apartments with Balconies (24)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Gyms (6)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Parking (40)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Pools (2)
- Portsmouth Apartments with Washer-Dryers (29)
- Portsmouth Dog Friendly Apartments (33)
- Portsmouth Furnished Apartments (3)
- Portsmouth Luxury Apartments (75)
- Portsmouth Pet Friendly Apartments (34)
- Norfolk Apartments with Garages (63)
- Hampton Apartments with Garages (21)
- Carrollton Apartments with Garages (2)
- Chesapeake Apartments with Garages (36)
- Newport News Apartments with Garages (28)
- Suffolk Apartments with Garages (6)
- Virginia Beach Apartments with Garages (118)
- Yorktown Apartments with Garages (1)
- Williamsburg Apartments with Garages (4)
- Elizabeth City Apartments with Garages (4)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a garage in Portsmouth?
How many apartments with garages are available for rent in Portsmouth?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Portsmouth?
Portsmouth, Virginia is home to the largest naval shipyard in the world. Don't let the name confuse you, though. It's named after the neighboring city of Norfolk.
Portsmouth is a city that forms a piece of what seems like a seamless community surrounding the Chesapeake Bay. The Seven Cities of Hampton Roads include Norfolk, Hampton, Chesapeake, Portsmouth, Suffolk, Virginia Beach and Newport News. The first official successful settlement in the Americas, Jamestown, lies only a few miles up river. Colonial era homes still line the streets mixed with modern advancements and the skyscrapers of downtown Norfolk. The military has a strong presence in the city and makes for the majority of the local infrastructure. Unemployment is remarkably low and cost of living is more reasonable in this area than adjacent cities. See more
Portsmouth apartments with garages are sometimes more expensive than other options. However, they may make more financial sense in the long run.
Weather, break-ins, and daily struggles to find a space can take a toll financially and physically. Remember that even cities in mild climates experience issues like salt air, tornadoes, hail, falling branches from storms, and other issues.
It’s also possible to score an auto insurance reduction if you park in a garage. Ask your insurance provider about any deals or discounts that could trim money off the cost of your monthly bill.
Before signing a lease, ask the landlord or property manager about any restrictions on garage use. It’s important to know if there are enough spaces for tenants and visitors and what happens if the garage is full. If you’re moving into an apartment inside a home, ask about any conditions on its use and if storage is allowed.