1,468 Short-term Apartments for rent in Kannapolis, NC
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Kannapolis Accessible Apartments (2)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Balconies (27)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Garages (20)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Hardwood Floors (12)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Parking (35)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Pools (5)
- Kannapolis Apartments with Washer-Dryers (9)
- Kannapolis Dog Friendly Apartments (48)
- Kannapolis Furnished Apartments (1)
- Kannapolis Pet Friendly Apartments (49)
- Concord Short-term Apartments (8)
- Davidson Short-term Apartments (1)
- Mooresville Short-term Apartments (8)
- Cornelius Short-term Apartments (5)
- Huntersville Short-term Apartments (6)
- Troutman Short-term Apartments (1)
- Charlotte Short-term Apartments (156)
- Matthews Short-term Apartments (5)
- Statesville Short-term Apartments (3)
- Denver Short-term Apartments (1)
"Every time I think I smell that sweet southern rain, it takes me to a station on the long black train. I wanna hear the wind blow, and feel the earth move below me despite of all the good times, I gotta rest my soul. So I'm gone, yes I'm gone, gone to Carolina, where I know that I belong" - (Shooter Jennings, "Gone to Carolina")
The 20th largest city in North Carolina, Kannapolis is still very much a rural oasis, even though it's less than 30 minutes from Charlotte. The Cannon Mills Corporation -- for which the town was named -- was founded in 1887. Kannapolis citizens were essential to the mill's towel production (brands included Fieldcrest, Royal Velvet and Cannon) until the plant's closing and demolition in the last few years. Even today, the city's origins as a mill town can still be felt, as can the hole that the plant's closing has left, which goes to show Kannapolis holds onto its roots.In its place, though, the North Carolina Research Campus (NCRC), a private-public venture involving many of the state's major universities and private investment, opened on the plant's site, heralding in a new era of research and revitalization for the town. See more
Finding a short-term apartment in Kannapolis takes some leg work to find the right location, price point, and lease terms. You may need to rent a short-term apartment due to a new job, a relationship change, or to explore a new city before committing to staying. Whatever the reason, short-term apartments can provide the flexibility that traditional leases don’t.
Before signing a rental agreement or short-term apartment lease, study all of the details thoroughly. Renters usually have more restrictions and rules to follow when renting a short-term apartment. For starters, you usually can’t make modifications like painting or hanging pictures.
Short-term apartments are ideal for flexibility, but also don’t protect the renter long-term. You could face the possibility of rent increases on a monthly basis. The landlord could also decline to renew your lease and leave you looking for another short-term rental.
If your main priority is flexibility, a short-term apartment is an ideal situation. However, ensure that you fully understand the rental agreement terms before signing.