I'm looking in Plainfield for any size at any price
Studio
1 Bed
2 Bed
3+
1 Bath
2 Bath
3+
 to  a month
Cats
Dogs
Loading...

211 apartments for rent near Plainfield, IL

Enclave At 127th
23760 W 127th St
Studio
$1,271
1 Bed
$1,288
2 Bed
$1,295
5008 Syracuse Court
Plainfield
3 Bed
$1,550
15702 BROOKSHORE Drive
Plainfield
4 Bed
$3,500
14615 Colonial Parkway
Plainfield
4 Bed
$2,195
26621 Silverleaf Drive
Plainfield
4 Bed
$2,450
14115 South LAKERIDGE Drive
Plainfield
3 Bed
$1,800
4100 Rivertowne Dr.
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,400
15008 South EASTERN Avenue
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,300
5309 Pine Trails Cir
Riverbrook Estates
4 Bed
$1,800
13963 Idaho Ct
Plainfield
4 Bed
$1,995
24111 Mission Creek Court
Plainfield
4 Bed
$2,000
14055 Denton Court
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,495
1907 Vermette Circle
Caton Crossing
3 Bed
$1,750
Art Schultz Dr
Mayfair
3 Bed
$1,795
5712 ARBOR FALLS Court
Plainfield
3 Bed
$1,695
7173 MANCHESTER Drive
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,350
24449 John Adams Drive
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,650
W Lakeland Trl
Plainfield
3 Bed
$1,895
24064 Walnut Circle
Plainfield
2 Bed
$1,625
21934 West Kettering Court
Plainfield
3 Bed
$1,795
Apartment List detective logo

Keep Looking!

Try removing some filters or broadening your
search area to see more results.

Apartment List detective logo

Zoom in to see more.

Trying to get a feel for the larger area? No problem.
When you're ready, zoom in again to see pins and listings.

Apartment List sad heart

Something went wrong.

Please try your search again or reload the page.

City Guide
Plainfield
Finding an Apartment

One of the things to note about Plainfield is that a huge chunk of the residential properties are owner-occupied, as much as 94%! This leaves only a minuscule 6% for renters. Making it even harder to find an adequate rental property in the area. The good news is that there is a 7% rental vacancy in Plainfield, as opposed to the tight 1% in some areas. Another factor to consider is that the median rent for Plainfield is 57% more than the Illinois average, making it an expensive place to look for rental housing.

Make a List

Organization is the key to finding an apartment in Plainfield as efficiently and quickly as possible. Make a list of all of the things you absolutely must have in an apartment, with the most important things at the top. If you have pets, then an apartment with good pet policies will probably feature somewhere in that list. Also, if you want certain amenities in your apartment, include them in the list, and use this list to crosscheck the apartments you find to ensure that you can make quick decisions. This list will also come in handy if you are using a realtor since they can use the list to match you to the apartment you prefer. Of course, you have to be reasonable when making that list; unreasonable expectations on your part just won’t cut it.

What You Need

Most of the landlords, or property managers, in Plainfield will ask you to fill out a rental application, and will carry out a credit check to see if you are a good fit. If your credit is not the best, then you might need to look for someone with good credit to cosign with you during your application. Dont be surprised if your family is a little underwhelmed at the thought of sticking their neck out for your reputation. You will also need to provide proof of steady income, usually your pay stubs, put down a security deposit, and pay the first months rent.

Neighborhoods in Plainfield

Village Center:This is a suburban neighborhood, with rental property in the form of townhouses, and two to five bedroom single-family homes. Just like in most parts of Plainfield, most of the homes in this side of town are relatively new, with the majority dating from the 2000's.

W Odessa Ct / S Oakdale Cir:Remember we mentioned that the owner-occupancy level in Plainfield is very high. This is even more so in this neighborhood, where most of the residential property is owner-occupied.

W Lincoln Hwy / E Renwick Rd:This is a less expensive part of town, with a median rental much closer to the national average. You will find townhomes and single-family homes in this area.

Life in Plainfield

Plainfield is a prosperous town, and the boom in the economy has led to a corresponding growth in the population. This community also has great amenities, and a mostly educated adult population. A good portion of the residents are older and well established, but families with children also find this a good place to raise their children. If you are looking for a busy nightlife, this may not be a place to suit your taste. Most of the residents have their own private vehicles, but a significant percentage of the population use public transportation to get to their destinations. We wish you all the best in your search for an apartment in Plainfield, IL.