284 Apartments for rent in Merritt Island, FL with Garages
- Merritt Island Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Parking (9)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Pools (7)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- Merritt Island Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Merritt Island Furnished Apartments (4)
- Merritt Island Pet Friendly Apartments (7)
- Cocoa Beach Apartments with Garages (9)
- Rockledge Apartments with Garages (5)
- Viera East Apartments with Garages (4)
- Viera West Apartments with Garages (4)
- Cape Canaveral Apartments with Garages (8)
- Cocoa Apartments with Garages (3)
- South Patrick Shores Apartments with Garages (3)
- Satellite Beach Apartments with Garages (4)
- Indian Harbour Beach Apartments with Garages (4)
- Port St. John Apartments with Garages (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with a garage in Merritt Island?
How many apartments with garages are available for rent in Merritt Island?
Merritt Island is the home of the Kennedy Space Center and the 140,000-acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Though it was formerly a sleepy little collection of towns and villages full of citrus farmers, the coming of the space age turned Merritt Island into a large town of 35,000 people. Unfortunately, now that shuttles aren't taking off from the Kennedy Space Center, it's fallen on hard times, with a large number of rental vacancies throughout the town. Companies that once manufactured items for NASA have cut back or closed down, leaving the area far from booming economically. However, this is good news if you do have a job in the area, as your apartment search will be very easy, and the rent has come down quite a bit. Now, the environment, kept fairly pristine thanks to the no-go areas surrounding the space agency, are a big attraction, featuring animal and bird sanctuaries, uninhabited islands, and protected wetlands. Enjoy bird watching and laughing at big city dwellers who spend too much money for a hectic lifestyle. See more
Merritt Island apartments with garages are sometimes more expensive than other options. However, they may make more financial sense in the long run.
Weather, break-ins, and daily struggles to find a space can take a toll financially and physically. Remember that even cities in mild climates experience issues like salt air, tornadoes, hail, falling branches from storms, and other issues.
It’s also possible to score an auto insurance reduction if you park in a garage. Ask your insurance provider about any deals or discounts that could trim money off the cost of your monthly bill.
Before signing a lease, ask the landlord or property manager about any restrictions on garage use. It’s important to know if there are enough spaces for tenants and visitors and what happens if the garage is full. If you’re moving into an apartment inside a home, ask about any conditions on its use and if storage is allowed.