232 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Merritt Island, FL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Merritt Island Accessible Apartments (1)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Balconies (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Garages (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Parking (18)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Pools (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Merritt Island Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Merritt Island Furnished Apartments (3)
- Merritt Island Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Cocoa Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (6)
- Rockledge 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Viera West 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Cape Canaveral 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- Cocoa 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- South Patrick Shores 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Sharpes 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Indian Harbour Beach 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Melbourne 1 Bedroom Apartments (21)
- West Melbourne 1 Bedroom Apartments (6)
Merritt Island is the home of the Kennedy Space Center and the 140,000-acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Though it was formerly a sleepy little collection of towns and villages full of citrus farmers, the coming of the space age turned Merritt Island into a large town of 35,000 people. Unfortunately, now that shuttles aren't taking off from the Kennedy Space Center, it's fallen on hard times, with a large number of rental vacancies throughout the town. Companies that once manufactured items for NASA have cut back or closed down, leaving the area far from booming economically. However, this is good news if you do have a job in the area, as your apartment search will be very easy, and the rent has come down quite a bit. Now, the environment, kept fairly pristine thanks to the no-go areas surrounding the space agency, are a big attraction, featuring animal and bird sanctuaries, uninhabited islands, and protected wetlands. Enjoy bird watching and laughing at big city dwellers who spend too much money for a hectic lifestyle. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Merritt Island offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Merritt Island, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.