163 3 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Los Altos, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 3 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Los Altos (7)
- Furnished 3 Bedroom Apartments in Los Altos (2)
- Los Altos Apartments with Balconies (7)
- Los Altos Apartments with Garages (8)
- Los Altos Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- Los Altos Apartments with Parking (12)
- Los Altos Apartments with Pools (3)
- Los Altos Apartments with Washer-Dryers (11)
- Los Altos Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Los Altos Furnished Apartments (5)
- Los Altos Luxury Apartments (1)
- Los Altos Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Pet Friendly 3 Bedroom Apartments in Los Altos (3)
- Mountain View 3 Bedroom Apartments (19)
- Palo Alto 3 Bedroom Apartments (22)
- Cupertino 3 Bedroom Apartments (13)
- Sunnyvale 3 Bedroom Apartments (24)
- East Palo Alto 3 Bedroom Apartments (4)
- Saratoga 3 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Menlo Park 3 Bedroom Apartments (14)
- Santa Clara 3 Bedroom Apartments (24)
- Atherton 3 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Newark 3 Bedroom Apartments (3)
Los Altos is to California what the Eiffel Tower is to Paris; a showpiece of a place with breathtaking scenery, spectacular weather and an icon in its own right.
Located in the county of Santa Clara, Loa Altos boasts a population of 28,976, based on information from the 2010 census. Prepared for the potential cost? Good, let’s move on to the little details.
Preparing for Your Move
Practically all landlords will require a security deposit and a minimum of the first month’s rent from prospective renters. This shouldn’t be a problem for you if you’ve heeded the advice to have some money ready for this eventuality. Competition for vacant rental properties in Los Altos is fierce because the available vacant apartments are only a paltry 2%. This means you must have your security deposit and rent ready so that you can hand them over to the rental manager as soon as you conclude your negotiations to move into the apartment of your choice. Seriously, you won’t have too much time to go and think things over, since the probability that other people are interested in the same apartment is quite high. In other words, if you snooze, you will lose.
Which brings us to the next point – prioritize. Prepare a list of all of the essentials you want in your rental property to help you narrow down the apartments that will either work for you, or not. For instance, your list might contain 10 things you want in your apartment, such as adequate parking space, close proximity to nearest public transit and so on. Realistically, the apartment you find might not meet all of these requirements, but if the majority of the items on your list check off, then you might have a keeper. Also, if you are using the services of an estate agent, this list will certainly help in narrowing down suitable apartments.
Most landlords will run a background and credit check as part of your rental application process. If your credit is below par, you might need a co-signee or guarantor to help secure that apartment.
Always walk through the apartments and the neighborhood, as a sort of inspection to see if the place is all it’s cracked up to be.
Having trouble with Craigslist Los Altos? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Looking for 3 bedroom apartments in Los Altos provides more space for multiple roommates sharing costs, or a family looking to settle in. Look for apartments that fit your lifestyle with proximity to green space, restaurants, entertainment, or quality schools.
Take your time when considering the layout during a tour of 3 bedroom apartments. Some bedrooms may be smaller than the others. This could work out well for roommates who want to adjust their share of the cost depending on who gets the largest and smallest bedroom. If you’re renting the entire space for yourself, make sure the rooms work well for the configuration you’re looking for, including a main bedroom, guest room, and office.
Consider the outdoor space when renting 3 bedroom apartments in Los Altos. A larger apartment may come with both a balcony off the living room and Juliet doors in the main bedroom. A small yard out back, rooftop terrace, and other outdoor amenities may also be available.