439 Apartments for rent in Waukegan, IL with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Waukegan Accessible Apartments (3)
- Waukegan Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Waukegan Apartments with Garages (9)
- Waukegan Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Waukegan Apartments with Parking (11)
- Waukegan Apartments with Pools (6)
- Waukegan Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Waukegan Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Waukegan Pet Friendly Apartments (9)
- Gurnee Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Lake Bluff Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Libertyville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Lake Forest Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Pleasant Prairie Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Lindenhurst Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Vernon Hills Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- Mundelein Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Highland Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Deerfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for an apartment with hardwood floors in Waukegan?
How many apartments with hardwood floors are available for rent in Waukegan?
How can I find a cheap apartment in Waukegan?
"They say that I put Waukegan on the map. But it's not true. Waukegan really put me on the map. That's a fact." (--Comedian Jack Benny)
Perched on the shore of Lake Michigan just south of the Wisconsin border, diverse, urban Waukegan has around 95,000 residents inhabiting some twenty three miles of land. Known as "mini Chicago," Waukegan means "Little Fort" in the Native American Potawatomi language. 40 miles and less than an hour from downtown Chicago, the town has many big city attributes, including ethnic restaurants, entertainment, and industry. Its many neighborhoods range from an urban core to farmland. The recently renovated art deco era Genesee Theatre is the pride of the lakefront area, both a concert hall and movie palace that seats over twenty four hundred fans. It may be "mini Chicago," but Waukegan has plenty to offer to all. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Waukegan renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.