283 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Waukegan, IL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Waukegan (4)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Waukegan (7)
- Waukegan Accessible Apartments (3)
- Waukegan Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Waukegan Apartments with Garages (9)
- Waukegan Apartments with Gyms (6)
- Waukegan Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Waukegan Apartments with Parking (11)
- Waukegan Apartments with Pools (6)
- Waukegan Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Waukegan Dog Friendly Apartments (10)
- Waukegan Pet Friendly Apartments (10)
- Gurnee 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Lake Bluff 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Zion 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Libertyville 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Lake Forest 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Pleasant Prairie 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Vernon Hills 1 Bedroom Apartments (5)
- Mundelein 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Highwood 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Highland Park 1 Bedroom Apartments (4)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Waukegan?
How expensive are two-bedroom apartments in Waukegan?
How much would I have to pay for a studio apartment in Waukegan?
"They say that I put Waukegan on the map. But it's not true. Waukegan really put me on the map. That's a fact." (--Comedian Jack Benny)
Perched on the shore of Lake Michigan just south of the Wisconsin border, diverse, urban Waukegan has around 95,000 residents inhabiting some twenty three miles of land. Known as "mini Chicago," Waukegan means "Little Fort" in the Native American Potawatomi language. 40 miles and less than an hour from downtown Chicago, the town has many big city attributes, including ethnic restaurants, entertainment, and industry. Its many neighborhoods range from an urban core to farmland. The recently renovated art deco era Genesee Theatre is the pride of the lakefront area, both a concert hall and movie palace that seats over twenty four hundred fans. It may be "mini Chicago," but Waukegan has plenty to offer to all. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Waukegan offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Waukegan, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.