669 Pet Friendly Apartments for rent in Waukegan, IL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Waukegan (6)
- Pet Friendly 2 Bedroom Apartments in Waukegan (7)
- Pet Friendly 3 Bedroom Apartments in Waukegan (3)
- Waukegan Accessible Apartments (3)
- Waukegan Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Waukegan Apartments with Garages (9)
- Waukegan Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Waukegan Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Waukegan Apartments with Parking (11)
- Waukegan Apartments with Pools (6)
- Waukegan Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Waukegan Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- North Chicago Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Gurnee Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Lake Bluff Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Zion Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Libertyville Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Lake Forest Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Pleasant Prairie Pet Friendly Apartments (3)
- Lindenhurst Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Vernon Hills Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Mundelein Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much is rent for a pet-friendly apartment in Waukegan?
How many pet-friendly apartments are available for rent in Waukegan?
Are there any additional fees associated with renting a pet-friendly apartment in Waukegan?
"They say that I put Waukegan on the map. But it's not true. Waukegan really put me on the map. That's a fact." (--Comedian Jack Benny)
Perched on the shore of Lake Michigan just south of the Wisconsin border, diverse, urban Waukegan has around 95,000 residents inhabiting some twenty three miles of land. Known as "mini Chicago," Waukegan means "Little Fort" in the Native American Potawatomi language. 40 miles and less than an hour from downtown Chicago, the town has many big city attributes, including ethnic restaurants, entertainment, and industry. Its many neighborhoods range from an urban core to farmland. The recently renovated art deco era Genesee Theatre is the pride of the lakefront area, both a concert hall and movie palace that seats over twenty four hundred fans. It may be "mini Chicago," but Waukegan has plenty to offer to all. See more
Renting pet-friendly apartments in Waukegan should offer peace of mind and convenience for our furry friends. It’s crucial to find an apartment that’ll work for both you and your pet. Before signing a pet-friendly apartment, take your time to study the layout and ask plenty of questions.
Some pet-friendly apartments in Waukegan may request a pet deposit or only accept certain dog breeds. You should also consider if the floors are hardwood or carpeted. Hardwood may be easier to clean-up fur and a mess but could mean your neighbors below hear the tapping of your dog running past. An outdoor balcony can also be ideal for a pet who needs some fresh air.
Consider the neighborhood of any pet-friendly apartments in Waukegan. Are they near a dog park or a vet? You should also research the rates of dog walkers in your area. It may be less expensive to move to a nearby neighborhood with a lower pet deposit, a better layout for your pet, and cheaper services.