191 Cheap Apartments for rent in Des Moines, IA
- Des Moines Accessible Apartments (15)
- Des Moines Apartments with Balconies (41)
- Des Moines Apartments with Garages (35)
- Des Moines Apartments with Gyms (26)
- Des Moines Apartments with Hardwood Floors (32)
- Des Moines Apartments with Parking (78)
- Des Moines Apartments with Pools (17)
- Des Moines Apartments with Washer-Dryers (44)
- Des Moines Dog Friendly Apartments (76)
- Des Moines Furnished Apartments (1)
- Des Moines Pet Friendly Apartments (82)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the typical rent for a studio apartment in Des Moines?
How expensive are one-bedroom apartments in Des Moines?
How much is rent for two-bedroom apartments in Des Moines?
Are there any properties that are currently offering move-in specials in Des Moines?
Des Moines, Iowa
Des Moines and the surrounding 'burbs are home to 58 neighborhoods, each with its own set of assets. So where should you begin your apartment hunt? See more
Finding cheap apartments in Des Moines takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Des Moines by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Des Moines in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Des Moines.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Des Moines. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Des Moines.