544 Apartments for rent in Merritt Island, FL with Gyms
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Merritt Island Accessible Apartments (1)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Balconies (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Garages (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Parking (19)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Pools (12)
- Merritt Island Apartments with Washer-Dryers (5)
- Merritt Island Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Merritt Island Furnished Apartments (3)
- Merritt Island Pet Friendly Apartments (6)
- Cocoa Beach Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Rockledge Apartments with Gyms (6)
- Viera East Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Viera West Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Cape Canaveral Apartments with Gyms (8)
- Cocoa Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Satellite Beach Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Indian Harbour Beach Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Melbourne Apartments with Gyms (28)
- West Melbourne Apartments with Gyms (8)
Merritt Island is the home of the Kennedy Space Center and the 140,000-acre Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
Though it was formerly a sleepy little collection of towns and villages full of citrus farmers, the coming of the space age turned Merritt Island into a large town of 35,000 people. Unfortunately, now that shuttles aren't taking off from the Kennedy Space Center, it's fallen on hard times, with a large number of rental vacancies throughout the town. Companies that once manufactured items for NASA have cut back or closed down, leaving the area far from booming economically. However, this is good news if you do have a job in the area, as your apartment search will be very easy, and the rent has come down quite a bit. Now, the environment, kept fairly pristine thanks to the no-go areas surrounding the space agency, are a big attraction, featuring animal and bird sanctuaries, uninhabited islands, and protected wetlands. Enjoy bird watching and laughing at big city dwellers who spend too much money for a hectic lifestyle. See more
Apartment complexes with a gym offer a valuable amenity to Merritt Island renters looking to get fit and slash their gym membership. However, not all gyms are the same.
Make a list of your must-haves in a gym setting. Ask about the variety and age of any cardio machines. Also ask about any weight training equipment and free weights.
Consider the spaciousness of the workout area. Some apartment gyms are small. Those can create tension with tenants looking to squeeze in a workout before or after work.
If you enjoy circuit training, make sure there’s enough space to spread out and get in the workout you want.
Cleanliness is also crucial to an apartment gym experience. During your apartment tour, carefully inspect the fitness area to check for cleanliness and any extra perks. Also consider the potential savings if you can cancel a gym membership!
Towels, an attendant, flat-screen TVs, and a locked door for exclusive tenants access can all add value to your apartment gym experience.