482 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Melbourne, FL
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Melbourne Accessible Apartments (6)
- Melbourne Apartments with Balconies (56)
- Melbourne Apartments with Garages (40)
- Melbourne Apartments with Gyms (26)
- Melbourne Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Melbourne Apartments with Parking (54)
- Melbourne Apartments with Pools (40)
- Melbourne Apartments with Washer-Dryers (28)
- Melbourne Furnished Apartments (6)
- Melbourne Pet Friendly Apartments (40)
- West Melbourne Dog Friendly Apartments (15)
- Indian Harbour Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Satellite Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Indialantic Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- South Patrick Shores Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Melbourne Beach Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Palm Bay Dog Friendly Apartments (105)
- Viera West Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Viera East Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Merritt Island Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
‘Ello, Mate! Welcome to Melbourne! Fosters, Crocodile Dundee, dingoes, koalas, kangaroos, etc. Just kidding. You’re moving to Melbourne, Florida, a central coast town with a fairly progressive attitude and a large community of vacationers and seniors. Now, let’s get started on your apartment search, dude. See more
Finding an apartment in Melbourne that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.