621 Apartments for rent in South Whittier, CA with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- South Whittier Apartments with Balconies (1)
- South Whittier Apartments with Garages (1)
- South Whittier Apartments with Parking (2)
- South Whittier Apartments with Pools (1)
- South Whittier Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- South Whittier Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- South Whittier Pet Friendly Apartments (1)
- Santa Fe Springs Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Whittier Apartments with Hardwood Floors (11)
- La Mirada Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- West Whittier-Los Nietos Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Norwalk Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Cerritos Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- La Habra Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Pico Rivera Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Buena Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Hacienda Heights Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
"I can no more think of my own life without thinking of wine and wines, and where they grew for me, and why I drank them when I did, and why I picked the grapes, and where I opened the oldest procurable bottles, and all that, than I can remember living before I breathed."- M.F.K Fisher, South Whittier resident and food writer
As the city's name implies, South Whittier is located just south of Whittier, California. Nestled deep within the heart of Los Angeles County, South Whittier is home to roughly 60,000 people, who live, work and generally enjoy life in this beautiful region. The entire city of South Whittier is encompassed within 5.3 square miles, which makes it a densely urban city--avoid if you don't like crowded places. If you're from outside the state, then you might idolize the California climate, and to some extent you'd be right: temperatures hover comfortably in the mid-70s for most of the year. The exception to this is, of course, in the summer time, when temperatures can soar well into the 90s, sometimes even reaching triple digits! If you're used to cooler climates, you might find yourself melting a little, at least until you acclimatize. One thing is for sure: you can attain a fabulous quality of life in South Whittier. The residents here obviously take great pride in their homes and their city, and actively contribute to its economic growth. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for South Whittier renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.