2,339 Cheap Apartments for rent in San Mateo, CA
- San Mateo Accessible Apartments (9)
- San Mateo Apartments with Balconies (30)
- San Mateo Apartments with Garages (25)
- San Mateo Apartments with Gyms (20)
- San Mateo Apartments with Hardwood Floors (23)
- San Mateo Apartments with Parking (38)
- San Mateo Apartments with Pools (16)
- San Mateo Apartments with Washer-Dryers (26)
- San Mateo Dog Friendly Apartments (25)
- San Mateo Furnished Apartments (6)
- San Mateo Pet Friendly Apartments (25)
- Belmont Cheap Apartments (4)
- Burlingame Cheap Apartments (11)
- Foster City Cheap Apartments (20)
- San Carlos Cheap Apartments (1)
- South San Francisco Cheap Apartments (1)
- Redwood City Cheap Apartments (13)
- San Bruno Cheap Apartments (4)
- Pacifica Cheap Apartments (11)
- Menlo Park Cheap Apartments (2)
- Alameda Cheap Apartments (16)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the typical rent for a studio apartment in San Mateo?
How expensive are one-bedroom apartments in San Mateo?
How much is rent for two-bedroom apartments in San Mateo?
Are there any properties that are currently offering move-in specials in San Mateo?
Having trouble with Craigslist San Mateo? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help!
Salutations, one and all, and welcome to the online nerve center for your San Mateo, California apartment hunting escapades! Conveniently located just 15 miles from San Francisco, San Mateo is a scenic alternative to the hustle and bustle of the “City by the Bay.” So what do you say? Are you ready to join the 93,000-plus proud peeps who call San Mateo home? Of course you are! But before you pack your windbreaker and your 49ers jersey and hit the streets in search of your future home, take a few moments to learn what life is really like in arguably San Fran’s most aesthetic suburb … See more
Finding cheap apartments in San Mateo takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in San Mateo by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in San Mateo in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of San Mateo.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in San Mateo. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in San Mateo.