41 Cheap Apartments for rent in Petaluma, CA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Petaluma Accessible Apartments (4)
- Petaluma Apartments with Balconies (10)
- Petaluma Apartments with Garages (6)
- Petaluma Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Petaluma Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Petaluma Apartments with Parking (9)
- Petaluma Apartments with Pools (3)
- Petaluma Apartments with Washer-Dryers (9)
- Petaluma Dog Friendly Apartments (9)
- Petaluma Furnished Apartments (3)
- Petaluma Pet Friendly Apartments (10)
- Rohnert Park Cheap Apartments (4)
- Novato Cheap Apartments (5)
- Santa Rosa Cheap Apartments (13)
- San Rafael Cheap Apartments (7)
- Napa Cheap Apartments (1)
- Corte Madera Cheap Apartments (2)
- Vallejo Cheap Apartments (3)
- El Cerrito Cheap Apartments (5)
- Berkeley Cheap Apartments (10)
- San Francisco Cheap Apartments (213)
The name Petaluma comes from the Coast Miwok phrase for hill backside, referring to it's close proximity to Sonoma Mountain.
Located about 40 miles north of San Francisco, Petaluma, California is situated in Sonoma County. With a population of only 57,000 residents, it is a perfect location for people looking for an affordable small-town living. Very family friendly, more than 67 percent of the population of Petaluma lives in households with children under the age of 18. The weather is mild, and it is a great place to avoid cold winters. See more
Finding cheap apartments in Petaluma takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Petaluma by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Petaluma in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Petaluma.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Petaluma. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Petaluma.