110 Dog Friendly Apartments for rent in Oak Park, CA
- Oak Park Apartments with Balconies (9)
- Oak Park Apartments with Garages (7)
- Oak Park Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Oak Park Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Oak Park Apartments with Parking (9)
- Oak Park Apartments with Pools (10)
- Oak Park Apartments with Washer-Dryers (7)
- Oak Park Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Agoura Hills Dog Friendly Apartments (6)
- Westlake Village Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Simi Valley Dog Friendly Apartments (22)
- Hidden Hills Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Thousand Oaks Dog Friendly Apartments (32)
- Calabasas Dog Friendly Apartments (8)
- Moorpark Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Malibu Dog Friendly Apartments (7)
- Topanga Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Camarillo Dog Friendly Apartments (17)
Ventura Highway, in the sunshineWhere the days are longer, the nights are stronger than moonshine. You're gonna go, I know! -- From "Ventura Highway" by America
Oak Park is home to just shy of 14,000 residents, at the time of the 2010 U.S. Census. Located in the Conejo Valley in Ventura County, north of present-day Malibu, the area now occupied by Oak Park has been continually inhabited by human beings since 5,500 BCE. Eventually, this area's land came to be held by Cosmo Stevens and Marian Jordan, radio stars featured on the once-popular "Fibber McGee and Molly." As the area around Conejo Valley began to be developed in the 1960s, a sizable portion of Stevens' and Jordan's land was sold to the Metropolitan Development Corporation and the town of Oak Park was born. See more
Finding an apartment in Oak Park that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.