147 1 Bedroom Apartments for rent in Tumwater, WA
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- 1 Bedroom Apartments with Washer-Dryers in Tumwater (4)
- Pet Friendly 1 Bedroom Apartments in Tumwater (4)
- Tumwater Accessible Apartments (4)
- Tumwater Apartments with Balconies (13)
- Tumwater Apartments with Garages (10)
- Tumwater Apartments with Gyms (5)
- Tumwater Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Tumwater Apartments with Parking (12)
- Tumwater Apartments with Pools (6)
- Tumwater Apartments with Washer-Dryers (9)
- Tumwater Dog Friendly Apartments (13)
- Tumwater Pet Friendly Apartments (13)
- Olympia 1 Bedroom Apartments (14)
- Lacey 1 Bedroom Apartments (11)
- Steilacoom 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Lakewood 1 Bedroom Apartments (13)
- University Place 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Fircrest 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
- Gig Harbor 1 Bedroom Apartments (2)
- Parkland 1 Bedroom Apartments (3)
- Tacoma 1 Bedroom Apartments (55)
- Browns Point 1 Bedroom Apartments (1)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much does it cost to rent a one-bedroom apartment in Tumwater?
"Take me to the waterfall, let me walk along the wall. Nice day for a picnic basket; hope my shoes have got good traction. Water makes a scary sound, it wants to pull me, push me down. I better get used to it though; the tide is high the tides is low...It's a nice day at Tumwater falls. If it's not the water then it's nothing at all." (-Mirah, "Tumwater Falls")
Tumwater was settled way back in 1846, when a group of wild-eyed pioneers got it into their heads that they could use the nearby waterfalls to generate power using a giant water wheel. Today, Tumwater is quaint Washington town that nearly 20,000 people call home. This idyllic little piece of rural America is one of the most scenic and beautiful places to live, as it's situated near the southernmost point of Puget Sound and is surrounded by lush greenery.
Tumwater got its name from the native Chinook phrase "tumtum chuck", which means "waterfall" or "water rapids." As you might have figured out by now, the waterways and waterfalls are one of the most prominent features of this little town, and their influence can be found in myriad places. Tumwater is a member of the LOTT Clean Water Alliance, as well as the host of the LOTT Water Education Center at Budd Inlet. Environmentalists, rejoice! Vigilant oversight keeps these waters free of any toxic ooze or polluted yuckiness. See more
Looking for 1 bedroom apartments in Tumwater offers a variety of choices and price points. 1 bedroom apartments allow more privacy than living with a roommate, and gives you more flexibility to find the perfect space for yourself or with a significant other.
There are a few things to consider when touring 1 bedroom apartments, including the square footage and layout. In some cities, small 1 bedroom apartments may cost nearly the same as a studio apartment. Decide whether cost, amenities, or location are the most important to help guide your apartment search.
If cost is a factor while searching for 1 bedroom apartments in Tumwater, consider which floor you will live on. The bottom floor is often cheaper than top floor units, or there may be a unit with undesirable views or with an outdated kitchen that rents for less.
Remember to come prepared during your apartment hunt with pay stubs, a letter of employment or recommendation, identification, and a checkbook to act quickly. The best 1 bedroom apartments require fast action, so come ready to sign.