169 Apartments in Herndon
- Herndon Accessible Apartments (10)
- Herndon Apartments with Balconies (19)
- Herndon Apartments with Garages (12)
- Herndon Apartments with Gyms (15)
- Herndon Apartments with Hardwood Floors (16)
- Herndon Apartments with Parking (21)
- Herndon Apartments with Pools (17)
- Herndon Apartments with Washer-Dryers (19)
- Herndon Furnished Apartments (4)
- Herndon Luxury Apartments (24)
- Herndon Pet Friendly Apartments (20)
- McNair Dog Friendly Apartments (12)
- Sterling Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Reston Dog Friendly Apartments (32)
- Dulles Town Center Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Lowes Island Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Great Falls Dog Friendly Apartments (3)
- Greenbriar Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Chantilly Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
- Ashburn Dog Friendly Apartments (11)
- Wolf Trap Dog Friendly Apartments (1)
If you’ve ever dreamed of living in a place named for a heroic naval commander who went down with his ship after saving more than 150 passengers, then Herndon, Virginia is your sort of town. Named for Commander William Lewis Herndon, this town also served as a settlement for Northern soldiers returning to the land they’d conquered after the Civil War.
Don’t be singing “Dixie” on arrival because some of Herndon’s 23,000+ residents can still trace their roots to those soldiers from the North. Only a ten-minute trip from Dulles International Airport, people will find the town one of the more convenient places to live in if they travel frequently. Named as the 34th Best Small Town in the United States by CNN Money in 2011, major employers like Verizon, AOL and Microsoft are all nearby.
Having trouble with Craigslist Herndon? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding an apartment in Herndon that accepts your pet may not be easy, but it’s very possible. Keep in mind, most of the time you’ll have to pay a premium for bringing your dog along in your new apartment. Some apartments require you to pay monthly pet rent, others will ask for a non-refundable pet fee or a refundable pet deposit.
While landlords and property management companies have varying pet policies, most of them limit the number of dogs you can bring to your apartment and include breed and weight restrictions.
If your pet falls under some of the restrictions outlined in the pet policy, it’s still worth asking the landlord if they can make an exception for your dog. Preparing a pet resume ahead of time could help you build the case for your furry friend. Make sure to include information on behavioral training your dog went through over the years and proof of vaccinations. If you can, include references from your former landlord and/or neighbors.