August 2022 Weatherford Rent Report
Welcome to the August 2022 Weatherford Rent Report. Weatherford rents increased over the past month. In this report, we'll evaluate trends in the Weatherford rental market, including comparisons to cities throughout the metro, state, and nation.
Weatherford rents increase sharply over the past month
Weatherford rents have increased 0.7% over the past month, and are up sharply by 11.3% in comparison to the same time last year. The city's rents have been increasing for 19 straight months - the last time rents declined was in December 2020. Weatherford's year-over-year rent growth lags the state average of 12.4%, as well as the national average of 12.3%.
Rents rising across the Dallas Metro
Throughout the past year, rent increases have been occurring not just in the city of Weatherford, but across the entire metro. Of the largest 10 cities that we have data for in the Dallas metro, all of them have seen prices rise. Here's a look at how rents compare across some of the largest cities in the metro.
- Garland has seen the fastest rent growth in the metro, with a year-over-year increase of 18.7%. The median two-bedroom there costs $1,469, while one-bedrooms go for $1,182.
- Arlington has the least expensive rents in the Dallas metro, with a two-bedroom median of $1,328; rents grew 0.9% over the past month and 14.1% over the past year.
- Plano has the most expensive rents of the largest cities in the Dallas metro, with a two-bedroom median of $2,002; rents increased 1.2% over the past month and 17.4% over the past year.
Weatherford rents more affordable than many large cities nationwide
As rents have increased sharply in Weatherford, a few large cities nationwide have seen rents grow more modestly. Weatherford is still more affordable than most large cities across the country.
- Rents increased sharply in other cities across the state, with Texas as a whole logging rent growth of 12.4% over the past year. For example, rents have grown by 14.6% in Austin, 12.7% in San Antonio, and 8.0% in Houston.
- Weatherford's median two-bedroom rent of $1,311 is slightly below the national average of $1,358. Nationwide, rents have grown by 12.3% over the past year compared to the 11.3% rise in Weatherford.
- While Weatherford's rents rose sharply over the past year, many cities nationwide also saw increases, including New York City (+21.2%), Nashville (+16.1%), and Phoenix (+12.5%).
- Renters will find more reasonable prices in Weatherford than most large cities. For example, San Francisco has a median 2BR rent of $2,659, which is more than twice the price in Weatherford.
For more information check out our national report. You can also access our full data for cities and counties across the U.S.
Median 1BR Rent
Median 2BR Rent
M/M Rent Growth
Y/Y Rent Growth
North Richland Hills
Methodology - Recent Updates:
Data from private listing sites, including our own, tends to skew toward luxury apartments, which introduces sample bias when estimates are calculated directly from these listings. To address these limitations, we’ve recently made major updates to our methodology, which we believe have greatly improved the accuracy and reliability of our estimates.
Read more about our new methodology below, or see a more detailed post about the methodology on our blog.
Apartment List is committed to making our rent estimates the best and most accurate available. To do this, we start with reliable median rent statistics from the Census Bureau, then extrapolate them forward to the current month using a growth rate calculated from our listing data. In doing so, we use a same-unit analysis similar to Case-Shiller’s approach, comparing only units that are available across both time periods to provide an accurate picture of rent growth in cities across the country.
Our approach corrects for the sample bias inherent in other private sources, producing results that are much closer to statistics published by the Census Bureau and HUD. Our methodology also allows us to construct a picture of rent growth over an extended period of time, with estimates that are updated each month.
Read more about our methodology.
About Rent Reports:
Apartment List publishes monthly reports on rental trends for hundreds of cities across the U.S. We intend these reports to be a source of reliable information that help renters and policymakers make sound decisions, and we invest significant time and effort in gathering and analyzing rent data. Our work is covered regularly by journalists across the country.
We are continuously working to improve our methodology and data, with the goal of providing renters with the information that they need to make the best decisions.