2,938 Apartments for rent in Upper Montclair, NJ with Gyms
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Balconies (1)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Garages (3)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Parking (6)
- Upper Montclair Apartments with Washer-Dryers (3)
- Upper Montclair Dog Friendly Apartments (4)
- Upper Montclair Furnished Apartments (1)
- Upper Montclair Pet Friendly Apartments (4)
- Glen Ridge Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Clifton Apartments with Gyms (3)
- Singac Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Belleville Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Caldwell Apartments with Gyms (2)
- East Orange Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Paterson Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Rutherford Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Elmwood Park Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Roseland Apartments with Gyms (2)
You probably know the name Buzz Aldrin. Yes, that's him, the lunar pilot on that fateful trip on Apollo 11 and the second guy to touch down on that big lump of rock called the moon. Well, Aldrin lived in Montclair and went to Montclair High School.
Now, Upper Montclair is actually a census designated place, or CDP, not a city. In fact, it's an unincorporated area within Montclair proper, with a population of 11,565, as far as the 2010 U.S. Census tells us. The area is often misconceived as being a completely separate municipality from Montclair, even by the people who live there. In reality, it's just a neighborhood within Montclair. That being said, Upper Montclair is in Essex County, New Jersey, and is within an easy stone's throw from New York City. In fact, the Big Apple is little more than 10 miles to the east, making Upper Montclair a great spot for commuters. Naturally, being a suburb within one of the most populous regions in the U.S., transportation links to the Manhattan area are excellent, while the weather is characterized by warm summers and cold winters, with nice springs and crisp autumns in between. So, if you're looking for somewhere that experiences all four seasons, you'll be looking in the right place. See more
Apartment complexes with a gym offer a valuable amenity to Upper Montclair renters looking to get fit and slash their gym membership. However, not all gyms are the same.
Make a list of your must-haves in a gym setting. Ask about the variety and age of any cardio machines. Also ask about any weight training equipment and free weights.
Consider the spaciousness of the workout area. Some apartment gyms are small. Those can create tension with tenants looking to squeeze in a workout before or after work.
If you enjoy circuit training, make sure there’s enough space to spread out and get in the workout you want.
Cleanliness is also crucial to an apartment gym experience. During your apartment tour, carefully inspect the fitness area to check for cleanliness and any extra perks. Also consider the potential savings if you can cancel a gym membership!
Towels, an attendant, flat-screen TVs, and a locked door for exclusive tenants access can all add value to your apartment gym experience.