119 Condos for rent in Wheaton, MD
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Wheaton Accessible Apartments (2)
- Wheaton Apartments with Balconies (8)
- Wheaton Apartments with Garages (7)
- Wheaton Apartments with Gyms (4)
- Wheaton Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Wheaton Apartments with Parking (15)
- Wheaton Apartments with Pools (3)
- Wheaton Apartments with Washer-Dryers (11)
- Wheaton Dog Friendly Apartments (5)
- Wheaton Furnished Apartments (1)
- Wheaton Pet Friendly Apartments (5)
- Silver Spring Condos for Rent (5)
- North Bethesda Condos for Rent (8)
- Takoma Park Condos for Rent (1)
- Bethesda Condos for Rent (7)
- Friendship Heights Village Condos for Rent (2)
- Langley Park Condos for Rent (1)
- Rockville Condos for Rent (2)
- Calverton Condos for Rent (1)
- Chillum Condos for Rent (2)
- Brookmont Condos for Rent (1)
Bet you didn't know Wheaton was named after Major General in the Union Army, Frank Wheaton. Major General Wheaton helped repel Jubal Earlys Confederate raiders headed for the U.S. Capitol, and had a town named for his efforts.
Wheaton is within the boundaries of Silver Spring, Maryland, and as such is a convenient commuting community for workers heading for Washington, D.C. It has its own metro stop, cleverly (or not so cleverly) named Wheaton, and a population hovering at about 48,000. Within the Wheaton community, the downtown area houses many shops and restaurants, including the Wheaton Mall, which is a shopping mecca with major chain stores and boutique shops.
Having trouble with Craigslist Wheaton? Can't find that special apartment for rent on Apartment Finder or Zillow? Apartment List is here to help! See more
Finding condos for rent in Wheaton is almost no different than renting an apartment in a big complex. The real difference is the ownership. Condos are owned by individuals within the same building. However, apartments in a large complex are owned by a single landlord or property management group.
Sometimes the price of condos in Wheaton may prove cheaper. The owners are often moving onto a new home or leaving the city and just need someone to cover the costs. Apartment complexes are designed to deal with tenant issues, make repairs, and care for the property. Condo owners will still deal with repairs and upkeep but may need more time to address a problem, especially if they don’t live nearby. However, condo owners have a more vested interest in the property and keeping their tenants happy to reduce turnover.
Choose the best condos for rent in Wheaton that meet your wishlist for budget, amenities, and layout. You probably won’t notice the difference between the condos and apartments you tour.