1,104 Apartments for rent in Geneva, IL with Hardwood Floors
- St. Charles Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- North Aurora Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- South Elgin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Aurora Apartments with Hardwood Floors (28)
- Warrenville Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
- Elgin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
- Montgomery Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Winfield Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Carol Stream Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Oswego Apartments with Hardwood Floors (3)
The Geneva Motel in Geneva, IL has developed a reputation, but not the kind you might think. Harry and Tonto, with Art Carney, and Novocaine, with Steve Martin, were both filmed there.
Geneva tickles the western edge of Chicago, 36 miles from the city center. It was nominated as one of the best places to live in 2013 by Bloomsburg Businessweek. Now, everyone wants to live here! Originally settled in 1850, its fast growth over the last few years has been propounded by Chicago urban sprawl. But it definitely still has lots of character downtown. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Geneva renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.