489 Apartments for rent in Wallingford Center, CT with Hardwood Floors
- Wallingford Center Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Wallingford Center Apartments with Garages (1)
- Wallingford Center Apartments with Gyms (1)
- Wallingford Center Apartments with Parking (3)
- Wallingford Center Apartments with Washer-Dryers (1)
- Wallingford Center Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Wallingford Center Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- North Haven Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Meriden Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Hamden Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- East Haven Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- New Haven Apartments with Hardwood Floors (74)
- Middletown Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- New Britain Apartments with Hardwood Floors (9)
- West Haven Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Portland Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Waterbury Apartments with Hardwood Floors (13)
Wallingford's (dubious) claim to fame is that, in the 1690s, it held the last of the New England Witch Trials. Winifred King Benham and her daughter, also named Winifred, were tried three times for practicing witchcraft. Although they were found innocent each time, they were eventually forced to leave Wallingford and relocate to Staten Island, New York.
Wallingford is a charming New England town in New Haven County located at the mid-point of Connecticut state and convenient to both Connecticut Interstate-91 and Connecticut Route 15. It is also the half-way point between New York City and Boston. As such, it is a great commuter location. Metro North Railroad provides service to both New York and Boston and other points north and south. The train station was built in the late 1800s, during President Grant's administration. It is known for its architecture and is one of the few remaining train stations built during that period. New Haven, with its many museums, theaters, and concerts is only a 20 minute drive, and Hartford, the capital of Connecticut is only 30. You can get to Bradley International Airport in 40 minutes. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Wallingford Center renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.