562 Cheap Apartments for rent in Memphis, TN
- Cheap 1 Bedroom Apartments in Memphis (68)
- Cheap 2 Bedroom Apartments in Memphis (120)
- Cheap 3 Bedroom Apartments in Memphis (49)
- Cheap Studio Apartments in Memphis (5)
- Memphis Apartments under $700 (40)
- Memphis Apartments under $800 (15)
- Memphis Apartments under $800 (88)
- Memphis Apartments with Move-in Specials (15)
- Memphis Accessible Apartments (30)
- Memphis Apartments with Balconies (189)
- Memphis Apartments with Garages (102)
- Memphis Apartments with Gyms (80)
- Memphis Apartments with Hardwood Floors (207)
- Memphis Apartments with Parking (279)
- Memphis Apartments with Pools (79)
- Memphis Apartments with Washer-Dryers (152)
- Memphis Dog Friendly Apartments (450)
- Memphis Furnished Apartments (25)
- Memphis Luxury Apartments (604)
- Memphis Pet Friendly Apartments (453)
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the typical rent for a studio apartment in Memphis?
How expensive are one-bedroom apartments in Memphis?
How much is rent for two-bedroom apartments in Memphis?
Are there any properties that are currently offering move-in specials in Memphis?
There's a town that I call home, where all the streets are paved with soul. Down on Beale there's a honky-tonk bar, so hear the wail of a blues guitar. Have a beer and drop a dime in the blind man's jar. The blues sing softly in the air, like a Sunday morning prayer. Just one more drink and you'll see God everywhere. Like a sad old melody that cheers you up, it sets you free. And that's how Memphis lives in me." (-Bon Jovi, "Memphis Lives In Me").
Memphis Tennessee is an iconic place in so many ways. It's the birthplace of the blues, soul, and that just-about-to-catch-on musical genre called Rock and Roll. It is the epicenter of many food debates with restaurants like Gus's Hot & Spicy Chicken and Charles Vergos' Rendezvous always topping the lists of the country's best fried chicken and ribs respectively, and actual tourist destinations unto themselves. Memphis is where your overnight package will spend a couple of hours at the worldwide hub for FedEx. And in Memphis you can plant your feet on the doormat of the second most visited home in the world. They even let you go in. No, not my Aunt Peg's (who does make some mean biscuits and sweet tea, which is reason alone to visit), but Elvis's - the King himself. Add the majesty of the Mississippi River, the NBA's coyly named Memphis Grizzlies (the nearest grizzly bear roams a brisk 1,600 miles away, but the Memphis Zoo does have a set of twins), and the neon festooned nightlife of world famous Beale Street, and you've found yourself in an unmistakably multifaceted city. Now time to find an unmistakably awesome apartment. See more
Finding cheap apartments in Memphis takes some ingenuity and effort, as well as quick action. Before you head out on your search, bring along pay stubs, bank statements, letters of recommendations from landlords or employers, and identification. The more proactive you are about your search, the easier it will be to score a deal.
Look for cheap apartments in Memphis by regularly scouring listings and looking during slower renting seasons, like winter. You can still find a deal if you move during the summer months when apartment hunting is more competitive.
You may be able to find cheap apartments in Memphis in neighborhoods that are located away from attractions, restaurants, and entertainment. You may need to look farther out than you would prefer, but access to highways or public transportation can get you into the heart of Memphis.
The building you choose can also make a difference in finding a cheap apartment in Memphis. Older buildings that need some updating are more likely to have better deals. Walk-up apartments without elevators, on-street parking and few amenities like on-site fitness centers can also signal affordable rents in Memphis.