346 Apartments for rent in Cumberland Hill, RI with Hardwood Floors
Win a year of free rent!
Enter for a chance to win by February 28, 2023 | Learn more
Get started by taking our personalized quiz
- Cumberland Hill Accessible Apartments (1)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Balconies (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Gyms (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Parking (2)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Pools (1)
- Cumberland Hill Apartments with Washer-Dryers (2)
- Cumberland Hill Dog Friendly Apartments (2)
- Cumberland Hill Pet Friendly Apartments (2)
- Woonsocket Apartments with Hardwood Floors (5)
- Central Falls Apartments with Hardwood Floors (2)
- Bellingham Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- Franklin Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Pawtucket Apartments with Hardwood Floors (10)
- Providence Apartments with Hardwood Floors (72)
- Attleboro Apartments with Hardwood Floors (4)
- Milford Apartments with Hardwood Floors (1)
- East Providence Apartments with Hardwood Floors (7)
- Cranston Apartments with Hardwood Floors (6)
Cumberland Hill, Rhode Island, has many stories to tell. One of the most amusing is about the day that two men from Boston came to fight a duel. The whole affair resulted in one injured knee before the combatants returned to the city. The offending bullet was found and carried to Cumberland Hill and preserved as a relic of the past and the days of chivalry.
Tall tales aside, Cumberland, R.I., has earned its place in history as the home to the chain of convenience stores known as Cumberland Farms. The chain, found throughout New England, was started by local dairy farmers around 1939. Cumberland also has a Hollywood connection with actor Richard Jenkins ("Six Feet Under") living in Cumberland. The director brother duo, the Farrelly Brothers ("There's Something About Mary") also grew up in Cumberland.
Cumberland Hill is situated in the northwestern part of the town of Cumberland. Cumberland has a long history centered on farming and the Blackstone River. It sits just across the river from the city of Woonsocket, an important mill center during the New England textile days. During the American Revolution, the city was a major producer of cannon balls for the army. Today Cumberland thrives on local industry as well as the business centers in and around Providence, which is only 20 minutes down the road. See more
Scoring an apartment with hardwood floors can be a big win for Cumberland Hill renters. They`re typically a beautiful addition to your space. They’re also easier to clean and sweep, particularly if you have pets.
However, there are some downsides. Hardwood floors carry sounds. They can also make your apartment noisy for your roommates and downstairs neighbors.
Ask the landlord or property manager about the hardwood floors before signing a lease. Are they actually hardwood or a popular composite alternative? The latter is probably easier to clean and care for than the real thing.
It’s also important to ask about who’s responsible for any damage to the floors and what that entails. Your security deposit could take a hit from scratches, dents, and other damage.
Consider the type of climate you live in. Hardwood floors typically don’t fare well in damp climates full of moisture. Stains and buckling are common in hardwood floors after rain flooding or excessive moisture.
However, hardwood floors can be ideal for dry climates or sunny areas for renters who love the way they look.